Almost Accident

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost Accident

that was the closest I ahve ever come to going down and NOT

scenario: raining, wet, cold tires....saw a friend of mine driving down the street, turning left...guess just little to much gas for that scenario...whole bike almost came out from under me....then almost overcorrected....weird sensation....was just waiting for bike to end up on street with me also

WET + COLD TIRES = BAD

Old 03-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Default RE: Almost Accident

Have to agree, I had the same thing happen to me, the bike just went, but lucky just getting off the gas helped pull it back up and I didn't go down.

Old 03-15-2006, 05:07 PM

Glad to hear you kept it up..... DAMN the rain.... I try my best not to ride in the rain. Alot of people say that true riders ride in any weather but i don't give a damn. Rather still have my bike lookin nice than be a "true rider". Oh yeah forgot about the most important thing, Me... But it's free to fix me up, the bike is another thing.

Old 03-15-2006, 06:58 PM

congrats on keeping it off the pavement cj! happened to me back when i had my zx7.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:37 PM

ORIGINAL: rubberband man

Glad to hear you kept it up..... DAMN the rain.... I try my best not to ride in the rain. Alot of people say that true riders ride in any weather but i don't give a damn. Rather still have my bike lookin nice than be a "true rider". Oh yeah forgot about the most important thing, Me... But it's free to fix me up, the bike is another thing.

Daam right.......... I dont buy that im a real true rider type of ****! What is this, jr. high school all over again? I need to be cool and tuff type of crap? Phuk that. Awhile back i bought a bike at a dealer and told him to thro in a helmet and some new gloves..... the sales guy (in hopes of changing my mind and makin a lil more off me) tells me "yea whatever those gloves are just allllright, I personally dont use gloves, BUT ive also been riding since i was 12" .... Im thinking to myself, youre a phukin idiot "well I DO wear gloves and yes Ill take these alpinestars with me thank you" Just another example of the "True Rider mentality" such as in the sales guy!

Old 03-15-2006, 11:48 PM

ORIGINAL: bumblebeegsxr

ORIGINAL: rubberband man

Daam right.......... I dont buy that im a real true rider type of ****! What is this, jr. high school all over again? I need to be cool and tuff type of crap? Phuk that. Awhile back i bought a bike at a dealer and told him to thro in a helmet and some new gloves..... the sales guy (in hopes of changing my mind and makin a lil more off me) tells me "yea whatever those gloves are just allllright, I personally dont use gloves, BUT ive also been riding since i was 12" .... Im thinking to myself, youre a phukin idiot "well I DO wear gloves and yes Ill take these alpinestars with me thank you" Just another example of the "True Rider mentality" such as in the sales guy!

You guys are still new to this. you'll understand one day. From late april to early october maybe even later if it's still warm I "lose" my car keys. Everyday just like your post man. When it's in your blood you'll do anything feed that fix!!! I went out today for 3hrs it was 38 here in N.Y.
By the way CJBETTIS good work!!!![sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 03-16-2006, 01:17 AM

I try and only ride when nice.....but I live in Oregon....it rains most of the time!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't help it....I have HAD to ride the last 3 days in the rain....hated it but had to any way

Old 03-16-2006, 02:57 AM

ORIGINAL: cjbettis

WET + COLD TIRES = BAD
Don't give the materials all the credit...ultimately too much throttle is what caused that! You can ride with all those elements that played a role in your near incident (I do all the time) and the bike will be perfectly stable, but the second you give the bike the wrong input it's curtains!

ORIGINAL: capt1014

Have to agree, I had the same thing happen to me, the bike just went, but lucky just getting off the gas helped pull it back up and I didn't go down.
Be careful...there's a saying "when in doubt, give it some gas" and if you chop the throttle, the rear tire will re-grip and buck you like a wild bull...this is called a hi-side...just keep that in mind.

ORIGINAL: bumblebeegsxr

Daam right.......... I dont buy that im a real true rider type of ****!
I'm one of those guys...meaning I ride in just about any weather, I don't know why exactly, but I've been doing it since the 80's, however; I'm getting more picky the older I get and it's pretty much how 13brsxsrr described it. I'm not all macho about it unless I'm purposely messing with someone, but there is a certain level of pride. It feels good knowing that on some days I'm virtually the only rider on the road.

Old 03-16-2006, 03:36 AM

Im checking weather 3 days out .Ive been trapped in some good ol thunder boomers that were breif showers in Illinois and would just rather stay dry and inside when it rains.IMHO

Old 03-16-2006, 07:56 PM

I had something like this happen to me, scared the hell out of me. Ran to the store, started to rain, and coming back home. Went around a turn and gave it some gas. The *** end slide out on me and scared the hell out of me. Luckily everything worked out fine. I try to not go anywhere now if there is any chance of rain.

Quick Reply: Almost Accident