92 Seca 2 to 09 CBR 600RR

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 92 Seca 2 to 09 CBR 600RR

Wow, that sounds like a great deal for an 07.
I went to a dealership in Pompano Beach today, where they'd just sold out of the 08s this week. The 07s were long gone, and not even any in the used section either. The guy was really nice though, in fact everyone there was very friendly, so that was cool. Supposedly the 07 is going to be really hard for me to come by, at least where I live. I could go scouting around for a used one, but I honestly want a brand new bike. It might sound picky, but I personally would feel more safe on a bike that hasn't been used. I guess that comes from having a 92 that has obviously been dropped numerous times in the past. It's just for peace of mind.

So they had all the 09 colors, and man they're beautiful. The pictures really don't do it justice, you have to be right next to it to get the feel for the kind of bike it is. To me, that's a LOT of bike! It's very short and bulky, but it's lighter than my Seca II. It's always a pleasure to sit on, so I had my chance at that and talked to the guy there for a few minutes. Turns out that extra fairing over the engine/crankcase/etc is really easy to remove - just a few screws and it comes right off. The kickstand is really short!

Again, all of these perceptions of the 09 CBR 600 come from me being used to the bike I have now. It really is beautiful, and I'm without a doubt NOT picky about the color anymore. I'll look around some more to see if I can find a new 07, but it sounds unlikely. After checking out the 09 in person, I really don't mind paying a little extra for it if that's what I end up going with. All I could think about afterward though was that I'd be SO pissed if I dropped it. I would literally find every excuse to take it out every moment of the day.

What do you guys think - if I've never dropped my current bike, what's the chance that I'll drop the new one? I should mention that I've also ridden a Honda Africa Twin and a Triumph Bonneville T-100 on occasion. No matter what though, I won't be taking it on the highway the first day, maybe not even the first week - both because I'm nervous and because of the brand new tires. I think we all saw this video: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V8eftil7XYg

Peace,
-Sasha