CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Retired Admin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wheelies

You joined an exxclusive club, the biker, and did it in fashion buying a honda! 3rd day be careful man, you WILL lay it down. Make sure you dress for the ride, helmet, gloves and such. Enjoy yourself you'll never feel anything like it!

Old 12-12-2005, 03:52 AM
Muz

hondaluvR... Yes theres is something wrong. If its your 1st week of riding you shouldn't even be thinking about a wheelie, there is a f%^&ing lot more you have to learn before you even consider getting that front wheel off the ground. Wait 6 months then have a crack at it.

And congrats on the purchase, you will enjoy it

Old 12-26-2005, 02:39 AM

whats up dude i have the same bike in second i have trouble getting it up but in first if i am traveling about 25 to 30 in first i can get it up when i am doing about 20 ill give it some good throttle than let off completly than as soon as the bike dips foward the "engine brake" is what it is called i grab that ****er wide open and lean back and pull all in a smooth motion it has to be a hard *** pull and if i dont let off the gas or use my rear brake i am almost ar 12 oclock. standing is even easier when u do this cause u can bounce it.
as far a clutching it that is easier to get up u just cant freak out when u do this cause it will come up in a hurry myself i do not feel comfortable doing this alot i allways seem to freak out like the bike is going to just do a flip with me on it as far a hurting the clutch doing this that is unlikely cause a clutch is just like a brake if u ride it all the time that is when u burn it out but if u apply them steadly with force they will last know what i am saying but your gearbox, chain and sprockets take a beating while clutching it cause they freewheel and than slam here is the clutch being realsed and power coming abruptly they dont like that too much.
for my bike i was going through the same thing u are i went up 3 teeth on my rear sproket and that helped hella lot not when in first it comes up when just slamming the throttle or going from one to two when i am wide open with no effort on my part just the bike

Old 12-28-2005, 04:10 PM

I got a 06 600f4i and all i do is get it up 7500-8k and roll of gas then back on and pull up a lil, it pops Right up no probs... So have fun be careful

Old 12-28-2005, 06:28 PM

f4i's are made for wheelies. Contrary to what alot of people say, start with 1st gear. Its the easiest to bring up. Its a little touchy but you will get use to bringing it up. Once you get use to it find your balance point. Once you find that point, second gear will seem easy b/c you already did the hard part with first gear. In first, I power mine up around 4k. It comes right up. In second gear I power it up around 9k. Im probably going around 60 or 65. Just keep practicing, you will get it eventually. Try not to pay attention to where you are in your rpms it will just mess you up. Feel where your power is and hit the gas, it will come right up. Truthfully, no one can teach you how to wheelie. You just have to get amped and go out there and do it. Once you got it, there's nothing like it. Its a whole different type of ride.

Old 01-02-2006, 08:17 PM

if you wheelie in first gear it's really going to be torqey and you'll run out of gear real fast, if your clutching it up in second jsut make sure your in the 55-70mph range and just slighltly grab the clutch and your rpm's will raise to about 9,000 you won't be able to do this while looking at the gauge you will have to learn the sound of your bike, once the bike raises up just get it in your sweet spot (where the bike feels like it will stay up without giving it full throttle and u found the sweet spot) if clutching it up is to spooky for u like a lot of people work on just pulling it up in first and shifting into second and third (i haven't been able to go no further than third i read somewhere that the bike has a hard time in higher gears staying up because of lack of torque) that's how i prefer to do it, unless your going down the road at 50, 60mph than you have to clutch it up or preload your forks and do a stand up

Old 01-09-2006, 10:35 PM

iv ehad my f4 for like three days, and I can get it up in 1st and second on just throttle, although i am a cheater cuz i have more teeth, but im only 160 lbs.... the only problem ive had with this bike is getting stuck at neutral between 1st an second...I guess i just need to stop shifting like a *****.

Old 01-19-2006, 03:50 AM

got some really good advise for you guys from a experienced crasher.. learn how to wheelie on a dirt bike or quad... master that rear brake....and unless you are good dont do it in 1st try powering it in 2nd like most of these guys are saying.

nothing like falling off the back of your bike at 40 MPH.. that was me learning how to wheelie a street bike in 1st gear