wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheelies

i am a novice rider with a 06 and an exhaust how is it easiest to pop the bike up without going all the way back
thx

Old 06-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Default RE: wheelies

If you see sky ...youve gone too far..

Old 06-10-2007, 02:29 PM

i know ive brought the front end up acouple of times but they were on accident never tried on purpose, but it came up pretty easy, i think waiting till your more experienced to try and stunt is safer it would suck to eat it and have to spend all the money on repairs not to mention you could hurt yourself

[/align]

Old 06-10-2007, 02:35 PM

well i have had the bike since december and have brought it up going over a hill just never from a roll wondering how fast you should be going and what rpm

Old 06-10-2007, 03:39 PM

My advice would be to start down in the 'Stunters Corner' section of this forum, right up top there are a couple of good guides to wheelies.

https://cbrforum.com/m_126364/tm.htm

Old 06-10-2007, 06:06 PM

Clutching it in first, it comes up with ease. 2nd takes a little more work for me.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Clutching in 1st? You kidding? No need. I can EASILY pull it up in 1st AND 2nd without clutching.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:52 AM

Measnstrk, power wheelies are much harder to control then clutching it up, and you have to wind the bike out, vs. clutching it up comes up way quicker and you can do it at lower rpm's. From what i've seen power wheelies are usually for rookies.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:39 AM

power wheelies are for rookies well when you are on the interstate in second gear passing people at 85-90 mph on a power wheelie lets see who is the rookie. The trick to a good wheelie is hoping the bike. Put it in second gear and find the sweet spot where the most torque is. Then bounce the bike useing your leges on the way up nail it real hard and and balance your self on the bike . you want to be standing strait up and down and make sure not to go to far forward or back. There is also a sweet spot for me it is 85-90 and you can just hold it there untill you get tired. I would go some where when know one is around and just practice it. Clutch wheelies are for ****** that dont have the ***** to hold a real wheelie. And they are real bad for your bike!

Old 06-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Spineshanked98

Measnstrk, power wheelies are much harder to control then clutching it up, and you have to wind the bike out, vs. clutching it up comes up way quicker and you can do it at lower rpm's. From what i've seen power wheelies are usually for rookies.
If you consider power wheelies harder to control, then how to you equate that to being a rookie stunt? Rookies would not have as much control, right?

Personally, I consider using the clutch to be too much wear and tear on the bike and is a major cause of premature clutch failure, which is why I don't use the clutch.

Now, clutching may be the preferred method for the stunters, I really don't know, since I am the knee down twisties type rider, but I do enjoy the occasional wheelie.

Quick Reply: wheelies