CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 07-04-2005, 02:10 AM
Default RE: wheelies

well written MgA_ODEN. i just read your write up on wheelies and i really must congratulate you on a well written post. i must also thank you for sharing this information with all of us, as im sure we all learned something usefull from it.

Old 11-01-2005, 01:58 AM

Just use the clutch I can get it up in 2nd any where from 30 to 70 mph and hit the balance point with no problem, 70mph is a bit high of a speed and very high in the rpms but it will do it and looks good when there’s that hot girl in the car next to you on the park way doing 70 they like that. My buddy can get my bike to come up in second only using power but he rides a 750 and he got use to that feeling I don’t like it at all its to unpredictable at first it feels like your just accelerating then you feel it lift a little bit then its strate up with no warning. Be very very careful make sure everything is right and make sure your exhaust pipe wont hit. I hit mine once at 65 and it through me right to the ground witch I regret to say it took out a friend of mine who was in a wheelie next to me (that’s what I was told after I woke up) bloody mess and a lot of money and tickets be prepared and safe where a jacket I now understand why people are called squids I was in a t-shirt and wish I had a jacket and so does my tattoo. Don’t be a squid they get cut up and fed to the big fish

Old 11-07-2005, 03:45 PM

i have a 99 f4 and i have no problems getting it up in 2nd. if i clutch it in 3rd i can pop it up a little bit. i am not an expert or anything but it really isn't that hard to wheelie the f4. i am trying to get away from it though because my bike is too nice to end up dropping it. but when that day comes that it is layed down(i hope it doesn't happen though) the stunts are on. my advice to others is to practice somewhere with little or no traffic and people. get good at it first and then go show off. i know this because i have seen bikes get trashed because they had no experience. good luck and be safe.

Old 11-07-2005, 09:40 PM

Getting it up in second is hard if you do not weigh very much. I have a f3 and have been pulling wheelies for a while. I can only get it up in first and then I shift to second and then third. I do not use the clutch. I have not really practiced very much in second getting it up but I'm sure I could if I worked at it. Just dont be like the 2 suzuki riders in my town that lift it up in first and ride it out to 14000rpms and slam it down. [sm=boosign.gif]

Old 11-08-2005, 06:36 PM

man wheelies are easy as hell with this bike i still have stock gearing man all you have to do is bring the rpms to 4k steady close throttle then snap it back on that will bring it up in 1st in second all i do is stand up on the pegs and bounce straight down and as im bouncing straight down i hit the gas on the way down this will spring your front end up easy and puts you in a good position for a stand since this bike is carburated i would recommend doing a carb sync first that will give you great response. and if that dont work for you then just get a 15t sprocket in the front then i know for sure it will work. good luck and on the way up dont get freaked out and close the throttle too fast jsut roll off a little if its coming to fast to the bp. if you drop it may blow a fork seal.

Old 11-08-2005, 11:41 PM

He isn't kidding either. I blew a set out when I was first learning. Now I bring it down like a feather

Old 11-15-2005, 11:46 PM

It is easy to pop the bike up in 1st but I am not sure how to pop the clutch out when I am trying to get it up in second. Do I let it strait out or do I let it out slowly

Old 11-16-2005, 12:44 AM

Your not exactly popping the clutch I use my pointer finger to just slightly pool on it till it slips I give it gas till about 9,000 and let the clutch back out fast. When you get it down you can pool it up everywhere in the rpms I can do it from 25 till red line witch is around 75

Old 12-11-2005, 09:26 AM

you guys are crazy!! all this talk about doing wheelies is giving me the shivers. Makes me wanna hop on my bike go down the street and mash in first and second to get a wheelie going. Its my 3rd day riding ever with my first bike (f4) and already im looking up on doing wheelies... is there something wrong here?? becareful and be safe.... Plus I love how everyone shows love when driving pass one another on bikes. Such a great feeling...

Quick Reply: wheelies