CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

Performance issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Performance issues

Ok I have cbr f4 2000 with 25k miles. When I bought it it ran perfect well I had an accident and dropped it while loading into truck. I had to have repairs done. While I was having new fairing put on I decided to get slip on yoshimura exhaust put on. Well I got it repainted and now with the upgrades I feel as though my bike runs differently. It runs hotter and there is like a kinda loud whine or rattle type noise coming from front of my engine. As well, my bike seems like it is slower. I hit 6k rpms at around 15mph it just seems like the loudness traded for performance. Before I could go pretty fast in first gear and now I have to shift through second before I even get at a good speed. Also I have a problem with the engine heating up near the bottom front fairing. It started to bubble the new paint job. If anyone can give me any help or have had similar problems I would appreciate it thanks.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by br4nd0n1234
Ok I have cbr f4 2000 with 25k miles. When I bought it it ran perfect well I had an accident and dropped it while loading into truck. I had to have repairs done. While I was having new fairing put on I decided to get slip on yoshimura exhaust put on. Well I got it repainted and now with the upgrades I feel as though my bike runs differently. It runs hotter and there is like a kinda loud whine or rattle type noise coming from front of my engine. As well, my bike seems like it is slower. I hit 6k rpms at around 15mph it just seems like the loudness traded for performance. Before I could go pretty fast in first gear and now I have to shift through second before I even get at a good speed. Also I have a problem with the engine heating up near the bottom front fairing. It started to bubble the new paint job. If anyone can give me any help or have had similar problems I would appreciate it thanks.
Hmm that's strange. A couple things come to mind:

Check if your spark plugs are torqued. I under torqued one of mine (I could loosen it by hand) apparently and found out it was why my performance was much less and my gas mileage sucked (I started a thread about it a bit back). Running hotter might be because of the need for a carb sync? Perhaps it got knocked out of sync. Rattle might be the CCT? when you're on the bike (around 4 to 6k revs) does it sound like it's coming from the front of the engine? Is it an open exhaust? Perhaps it's running way too lean (I cut a baffle out of a street legal carbon Micron exhaust and noticed a very slight throttle response decrease. My exhaust is still half open though). Is there a dent in one of the downpipes, restricting the fumes?

Check the airbox etc for leaks. Perhaps you have a vacuum problem. The only performance related problem I've had thus far was the loose plug (hitting the limited much more than normal and **** mileage as mentioned before) so I'm mostly just guessing here.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:29 AM

Yeah it is coming from the front of the engine. So imthink it may be the cct but then I also hear a slight rattle in the rear it almost sounds like it's coming from the chain itself but I'll check the sparks and ect. One more question do I have to take anything off the bike to get to the cct and if so what?

Old 06-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's one, among several cct how-to's...
https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mecha...l-pics-116975/

You should be able to find the other threads w/a few searches.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Default Re: Performance Problems

I picked up a 04 cbr f4i from a guy that i dive with he said it had been sitting for about 8 months and shortly after i got it some family problems came up so it sat for about 6 more months, i replaced the spark plugs, air filter to K&N, ignition switch (that is why he parked it couldnt get the bars ulocked), changed the oil and put a new fuel pump, it started right up blew a little smoke but quite after about 15 minutes, but now when i lay into the throttle it seems really doggy till the RPMs get up higher....Any help would be greatly appreciated????