integrated tail light install

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Track junkie & modaholic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Problem and anytime.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:36 AM

Hate to bring up an old thread, but I am having the same Issue.
I believe my rear tail light was working and it stopped. The tail was wired in correctly but not sure what to check next.

It is an integrated taillight, my left and right signal work. Two wires yellow and blue.

The three wires for my integrated taillight are yellow, red, and black. Black is grounded to a green wire, the yellow or red one is dimmer and wired up and works as the rear running light, the breaklight gets brighter when I hook up the left over wire, but I get no change when I'm on the breaks.

I did buy the bike from a guy and tried to clean up the wiring while trying to sort this out. There is a black/brown and a green/yellow, One is the constant for the running light but the other one is not turning on when I hit the front or rear brakes.

Old 07-14-2015, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tyrone Sparks
Hate to bring up an old thread, but I am having the same Issue.
I believe my rear tail light was working and it stopped. The tail was wired in correctly but not sure what to check next.

It is an integrated taillight, my left and right signal work. Two wires yellow and blue.

The three wires for my integrated taillight are yellow, red, and black. Black is grounded to a green wire, the yellow or red one is dimmer and wired up and works as the rear running light, the breaklight gets brighter when I hook up the left over wire, but I get no change when I'm on the breaks.

I did buy the bike from a guy and tried to clean up the wiring while trying to sort this out. There is a black/brown and a green/yellow, One is the constant for the running light but the other one is not turning on when I hit the front or rear brakes.
Google wiring diagrams for your bike and make sure everything is wired up correctly, check your flasher relay if it's bad replace with an led ready relay, if that doesn't help check brake switches and replace or adjust accordingly. My problem ended up being a bad stock flasher relay, replaced with led ready one, and the reason my brakes were bright was because brake fluid leaked on the front switch when I refilled after installing steel braided brake lines, they worked great after that

Old 07-15-2015, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Imakeu Randy
Google wiring diagrams for your bike and make sure everything is wired up correctly, check your flasher relay if it's bad replace with an led ready relay, if that doesn't help check brake switches and replace or adjust accordingly. My problem ended up being a bad stock flasher relay, replaced with led ready one, and the reason my brakes were bright was because brake fluid leaked on the front switch when I refilled after installing steel braided brake lines, they worked great after that
Thanks for the suggestions Imakeu Randy,
I will keep those all in mind if I ever have this problem again I did end up fixing the problem the same day I posted this issue just forget to update you guys. I do have the manual for the bike, and I was sure I rewired everything correctly. The thing that should have given the problem away was that the breaklight was bright red like I was on the breaks when I wasn't touching them. Turns out the rear switch needed to be adjusted.

With that said I'm headed back out to ride