CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

integrated tail light install

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet!!, but we have a problem :/ lol..I've wired the lights this way before and nothing, so i'm guessing i might as well get a relay, i wasnt too worried about the flash rate but hey 2 birds with one stone...also before i mentioned the taillights would not get dimmer like the brakes are always on, u said its probably wired backwards or something, how would i go about checking and correcting this?

Old 04-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

switching the red and black wires. Test to see if that fixed it, if it did solder everything up. If not than post back here.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:12 PM

nothing, the only difference is, is that it gets slightly brighter, but still no difference when i get the brakes..im lost lol..

Old 04-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

hmmm have you tested every wire? Do you know what every wire does? maybe they messed up wiring it. That's very strange, did your brake light work when the OEM tail light was insalled?

Old 04-21-2012, 04:33 PM

nope...i did order a new rear brake switch, if that doesnt fix it i'll try getting a new one...would all this get messed up because of a bad turn signal relay? if so can i get one that fits at like autozone or something?

Old 04-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

never tied a flasher relay from autozone so I wouldn't know. hmmm so right now niether your front nor your rear brake light switches work and niether worked with the old tail light right? Im looking over my manual now.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:55 AM

nope not at all, this hand signal thing is getting really annoying lol..i've heard certain car relays can work, idk just thought i'd ask...

Old 04-22-2012, 02:57 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

Are your brake switches plugged in? the front will be underneath the master cylinder and the rear, well you know where that is. After that trace green /yellow wire and make sure its not cut or if there is something wonky going on with it. it should go from the two switches to the tail light. If all that still checks out I would test the two switches to see if they are the problem.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:35 AM

good news, and not so good news lol...i figured out why my taillight would not get dimmer, front brake switch was bad, it looks like when i changed the stock front brake lines i over filled the master which leaked out right on to the switch, i didnt notice because its so well hidden and hard to view from different angles lol, i'll b ordering a new one real soon, anyways when i took the switch off tail got dimmer and taillight worked(got brighter when i hit the brakes) the not so good is the turn signals lol still havent figured it out, when the flasher relay comes in will update u, thanks for the help thou dude

Old 05-02-2012, 11:32 AM

Good news fellas my taillight is fully functional )) im like a happy little girl right now ahahahahahaha...it seems the way i wired it and the way u guys wired it were def the right way, just a bad flasher relay, i got that l.e.d. ready relay too, everything works too from the bulbs in the cluster to the taillight turn signals running and brake light now all i need is my turn signal mirrors to come in .....thanks a billion gajillion for all the help thou guys i really appreciate it

Quick Reply: integrated tail light install