CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

integrated tail light install

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Track junkie & modaholic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

front has ground and turn wires; back they wired the turn signal grounds to the tail light. If it were stock than you would have two wires for the TS instead of 1.

you dont need new brake pads to make the bike "think" that your braking. You need to rewire your tail light. Take a picture of the tail light where all the wire go into it and another of where the wires connect and Ill help you sort it out.

Last edited by CJardine; 04-01-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by CJardine
front has ground and turn wires; back they wired the turn signal grounds to the tail light. If it were stock than you would have two wires for the TS instead of 1.

you dont need new brake pads to make the bike "think" that your braking. You need to rewire your tail light. Take a picture of the tail light where all the wire go into it and another of where the wires connect and Ill help you sort it out.

I'LL TAKE PICS AND POST THEM EITHER TONIGHT OR TOMORROW, i'M AT WORK RIGHT NOW..i NEED NEW BRAKE PADS ANYWAY I WAS JUST WONDERING SINCE THE PADS ARE SO LOW AND ARE BASICALLY BEING PUSHED TO THE ROTOR WOULD THAT MAKE THE BIKE THINK ITS BRAKING...ALSO THE AFTERMARKET LIGHTS HAVE TWO WIRES ONE FOR LEFT THE OTHER FOR RIGHT BUT THE STOCK HARNESS IS A 2 WIRE CONNECTION AND THERE IS MY PROBLEM, IF THE STOCK WAS ONE WIRE LIKE THE AFTERMARKET I WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM, OR VISE VERSA..SORRY IF THERE WAS ANY CONFUSION, MAYBE THIS WILL CLEAR THINGS UP, BUT AGAIN IM IN FOR A LOONG NIGHT AT WORK SO I'LL TAKE/POST PICS ASAP

Old 04-03-2012, 12:56 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

yea that extra wire on the bike side is the ground that would go to the stock signals, since you have an integrated taillight, the turn signals use the same ground as the tail light that why there is only one wire for the turn signals. My integrated taillight just came in as well so I will take pictures.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:57 PM

Ok i finally have time to post some pics up..ok here we go

top red black and yellow are the aftermarket LED's bottom are the stock wires, all green(ground) green/yellow and brown

stock turn signals left and right(2 wire connections) plate light(white)

LED left and right turn signals...this is where i'm lost lol...a friend of mine who rides told me to connect the yellow to the stock yellow/green and the blue to stock brown wire (which i wouldnt know exactly how to go about it since im not an electrician lol), i'm still at work so i'll try later, but if this isnt correct please let me know asap so i can stop using hand signals which just take away from the ride :/ thanks guys!!

Old 04-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

black is prob brake, yellow is turn, red is prob running. Oh and the photo didn't show up for me.

orange and blue are the turn, green ground, dont touch the license plate

Old 04-18-2012, 01:50 AM

top red black and yellow are the aftermarket LED's bottom are the stock wires, all green(ground) green/yellow and brown

LED left and right turn signals...this is where i'm lost lol...a friend of mine who rides told me to connect the yellow to the stock yellow/green and the blue to stock brown wire (which i wouldnt know exactly how to go about it since im not an electrician lol)

Last edited by Imakeu Randy; 04-18-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:32 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

If you can take a photo of the aftermarket taillight that would be good but here is a wiring diagram I drew up really quickly. Remember this is based on mine once I can see yours than I ca refine it to match yours.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:36 AM

i will try again later, idk whats going on with the pics, they post up and then when i check later they are not showing, i'm getting ready for work but i will be try again later on in the day

Old 04-19-2012, 02:35 PM

One last question, and i hope i dont sound stupid even though its an answer that i think i know..will the flashers work even thou i dont have any flashers hooked up to the front?...i dont think they would but i need to know for sure..

Old 04-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

stupid questions are fine in my book, I ask them all the time. But your in luck the flashers will work reguardless of the other flashers. I would recommend getting an LED flasher relay you can find them for pretty cheap. I think newenough . com has one for $12 and its just better than resistors.

Quick Reply: integrated tail light install