F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

how do i slow blink rate after integrated tail install

Old 09-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i slow blink rate after integrated tail install

Ok i installed my Integrated tail light but now the blink rate is faster than normal andI hate it. How do I get it back to normal? What resistors do I use and what wires do i put them on? Thanks!!

Old 09-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Registered Users
Default RE: how do i slow blink rate after integrated tail install

well, i don't know if there is a certain resistor...different LEDs will require different resistors...it really all depends on the interal resistance of the LEDs and then making up that difference to meet that of the stock resistance using the bulbs.....

just know, resistors will get VERY hot.....in fact, some people have commented that it has melted part of the inside of their fairing if it sits too close, so be forewarned....

you can get a relay that fixes it.....i think it's called a rumble relay....not a 100% sure....IF i were to do it, i would probably go that route just because it's easier and i don't have to worry about the heat...BUT if you want to do resistors, get a multi-meter and figure out what the internal resistance of the LED light and the stock and then make up the difference.....

make sense? sometimes i don't explain electrical stuff very well...haha (computer engineer too, go figure)

Old 09-20-2007, 02:47 PM

Why not just let it blink at the faster rate? its much less trouble that way.

Either way, if you were to use resistors or a relay,you'd splice them tothe wires thatare attachedto the lights. and as stated in the above response, the resistors you'd use can differ for each LED, so you'll have to figure that one out for yourself.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: JQuick323i

Why not just let it blink at the faster rate? its much less trouble that way.
seriously right? plus if it blinks at a faster rate it's more susceptible to people's eyes that they can see you. plus putting it back to normal takes up too much work.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Registered Users

LOL...you guys are brutal....i didn't want to say that because he said

now the blink rate is faster than normal andI hate it
but yes, i agree, the faster rate is nicer....i like the look...but HE may hate it....so if he wants to go back to normal he can....sheesh...hahahaha [&:]

Old 09-20-2007, 04:05 PM

just go buy a relay to correct the problem. they are plug and play and will run you bout $20 or so.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:06 PM

electronic flasher relay

you unplug your stock flasher relay and plug this one in instead. its got a stock connector on it so there is no splicing or cutting. i have done many mods to my turn signals and this keeps them all flashing at the stock rate. hope thats what youre looking for!
________
CrazyHorny

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:14 PM

i wouldnt even buy the relay.... I would just buy some high watt resistors.
buy some thing like this. may be if they have a higher wattage ones were you live then buy those...
100ohm@10W will do and splice one end to the signal end and the other connect to ground. that will reduce the current enough to slow down the blinks....

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

Old 09-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Registered Users

that's true that will probably fix the blink rate, but that thing is going to get DAMN hot....like i said, you can go that route, but be careful how and where you wire it up....

it's not that the resistor idea is bad, it's just that the relay is a lot easier and has no complications....

Old 09-20-2007, 05:22 PM

ORIGINAL: ffingers

that's true that will probably fix the blink rate, but that thing is going to get DAMN hot....like i said, you can go that route, but be careful how and where you wire it up....

it's not that the resistor idea is bad, it's just that the relay is a lot easier and has no complications....
i agree, the resistors that alekinci posted are a lot cheaper, but you would have to find a cool place to put the resistors. the relay is very easy and takes up no extra room. either way would work though, it jsut depends on if you want to spend less money or if you want it to be easier.
________
Maine dispensary

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how do i slow blink rate after integrated tail install