CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

what did i get myself into! "new" 95 cbr600

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by detroitcbr
The bikes missing the left peg, any ideas where to fond one cheap, does it have to be an f3 peg or will an f2 or other model fit?
Are you just talking the part your foot sits on or the entire bracket that the foot peddle and shifter bracket bolts to ? The entire bracket is different between F2's and F3's. The peddle is probably the same.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the bracket is still attached, although i'm not sure if it needs to be replaced. i found a couple on ebay fairly cheap, although they are mostly in pairs and i only need the one. guess i'll have a spare =)

Old 05-24-2011, 07:11 PM

If after you clean the carbs, change the fuel filter, and clean the tank it still doesnt start then go to the fuel pump I have a 96 and mine sat for about 6-7 years before i got it and my pump was shot. I checked on this forum( by the way I love this site, very helpful ) and tons of people were talking about the problems with there pump also so I found a thread were someone used a pump for a late 80s honda accord car pump to replace it with and i did that and i havent had a problem since. But I will warn you its got a loud click to it(not as quit as the cbr fuel pump).

Old 05-24-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by daddywilson
If after you clean the carbs, change the fuel filter, and clean the tank it still doesnt start then go to the fuel pump I have a 96 and mine sat for about 6-7 years before i got it and my pump was shot. I checked on this forum( by the way I love this site, very helpful ) and tons of people were talking about the problems with there pump also so I found a thread were someone used a pump for a late 80s honda accord car pump to replace it with and i did that and i havent had a problem since. But I will warn you its got a loud click to it(not as quit as the cbr fuel pump).

do you know what year and model car you got one from? i'm sick of the crapy honda bike fuel pumps.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:36 PM

The one I used is for a 85 Honda Accord non-fuel injected Part #8316. It has a loud click to it when its turning on and of but it works great. Also its a little bigger than the one thats origanal for the bike but it lasts.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:33 PM

thanks for letting me know, i bought a universal Mr Gasket one yesterday, installed it and it worked for oh about 45 mins, then it was shot

Old 05-30-2011, 06:03 PM

Started work on the bike today, heres some pictures and a couple questions. what i did today was take all the plastic off, changed the oil/filter, took the battery off, and took the tank off and attempted to clean it. i've just been rinsing it out with new gas, and holding it upside down and shaking it into a large container, i got all the old gas out and *most* of the loose particles but I am still pretty sure there are some left in there. Is there another/better way to clean it? I don't have access to a shop vac or air compressor, am i just stuck with this rinse and repeat until everythings out of there? I'm wrapping up for today I think i'm going to leave some new gas in there overnight and go at it again tomorrow.

after the gas tank i'm on to the air filter, filling up the coolant changing the brake fluid, cleaning the carbs and putting the new batter in it!

last question is, as i was removing the plastics i came across 2 tubes hanging from the bottom of the bike, pics are attached i can't figure out what they go to. one of the tubes simply fell out when i gently tugged on it. pics attached.

thanks!

Old 05-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by detroitcbr
Started work on the bike today, heres some pictures and a couple questions. what i did today was take all the plastic off, changed the oil/filter, took the battery off, and took the tank off and attempted to clean it. i've just been rinsing it out with new gas, and holding it upside down and shaking it into a large container, i got all the old gas out and *most* of the loose particles but I am still pretty sure there are some left in there. Is there another/better way to clean it? I don't have access to a shop vac or air compressor, am i just stuck with this rinse and repeat until everythings out of there? I'm wrapping up for today I think i'm going to leave some new gas in there overnight and go at it again tomorrow.

after the gas tank i'm on to the air filter, filling up the coolant changing the brake fluid, cleaning the carbs and putting the new batter in it!

last question is, as i was removing the plastics i came across 2 tubes hanging from the bottom of the bike, pics are attached i can't figure out what they go to. one of the tubes simply fell out when i gently tugged on it. pics attached.

thanks!

I think you forgot the pictures hah

Old 05-30-2011, 06:41 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

Originally Posted by makoshoemaker
shes a beauty, she looks just like my Violet, but i dont have cowling stickers. good luck, im gonna have to bust open my carbs to rejet for my new pipe. Do a step by step w photos so others can follow for years to come. good luck
i was wondering when i will run into another Violet, i named my bike Violet because those are her main colors heres to Violets

Old 05-30-2011, 07:29 PM

The pictures showed up on my post preview not sure what happened ?! I linked them from my album on the site here

Quick Reply: what did i get myself into! "new" 95 cbr600