CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

what did i get myself into! "new" 95 cbr600

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics showing now?

Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 PM

Ya the pics are up. The hose is just a breather for your gas tank. My 98 has two on it. Look at the underside of your tank towards the seat side. There should be a couple nipples that the hose slips over.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:15 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

i had the same problem when i took my tank off. i looked for couple hours, and i could never find a place to connect those hoses. they seem just to hang there for there life...lol

Old 05-31-2011, 10:58 PM

Yes I actually figured this out myself I dl'd the service manual, thanks for the responses

Old 06-03-2011, 08:39 AM

Carb question, I know there are a lot of Carb threads so I will post this here. I started to dismantle my carbs yesterday, I'm following the 199x video on you tube. I am down to the carbs themselves and I can't find the two right screws to take the carbs off the engine, does anyone have any advice for finding them or better uwt a picture of where they are located?

Old 06-04-2011, 12:03 PM

2 right screws? i have a 95 600 f3 and i just did the carbs yesterday... i wanted to mention that since the bike has been sitting for so long you might want to replace the rubber manifolds that connect the carbs to the engine block. my bike was sitting for 3 years and the manifolds were crusted so hard i had to chisel the manifolds off the bike and replace them... only 30 bucks off ebay but they took 3 days to get to me so i would order them asap so theres not much of a wait...

but there should be a screw at the bottom of each carb that lets u detach the manifolds from the engine. the other screw on each carb is on the other side of the manifold and you cant get at them until you take the carbs off the bike. sorry i dont have any pics right now of what im talking about but if ur having any trouble getting the carbs off and youve disconnected all the lines and hoses then your manifolds are old and rigid so you just need to pull really hard or cut off the manifolds.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:47 PM

I eventually found them and the carbs came right off with a little help from a crowbar. I cleaned them and I'm trying to put them back in at the moment I'm a little confused about a couple hoses though...

Old 06-04-2011, 01:03 PM

ya well i got the throttle cables on wrong the first time i put the carbs back together hahahaha that sucked because i didnt realize they were wrong till i tried starting up the bike hahaha

Old 06-04-2011, 01:09 PM

the cables didn't give me too much trouble really, took maybe 5 mins? what i'm hung up on right now is where my hoses all go. i labeled them with a sharpie when i took them off, but some coolant spilled out of the carbs when i removed them and basically washed everything i wrote off and i wasnt really paying attention to where they would go back on because i had wrote on them! so i think i have two hoses on there right now that i don't know where they go

Old 06-04-2011, 01:46 PM

well my best advse would be to go to ur servce manual... thats what i did... i had a little trouble with the hoses but thats because i forgot about the air hose that goes around the side of my bike once i remembered about that from the service manual got everything back together. if u send mea pic i might also be able to help a little

Quick Reply: what did i get myself into! "new" 95 cbr600