CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Vinyl wrap for fairings?? anyone done it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 09:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can send me an email to garyfraze@earthlink.net and I will sed you the photos. Super easy to do just need to use the knifless tape like its pin strip. Clean lines make the job look better. I also wrapped a Kawasaki tank which was much more challenging to say the least. I used the 3m carbon fiber materials but it's thicker and harder to use. Go to Avery Dennison Wrap materials and see their product. On my Harley I did not wrap the whole faring just added a design by following the original pin stripping. Came out super clean with the Avery brushed titanium wrap

Old 01-18-2014, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by garyfraze
If you can send me an email to garyfraze@earthlink.net and I will sed you the photos. Super easy to do just need to use the knifless tape like its pin strip. Clean lines make the job look better. I also wrapped a Kawasaki tank which was much more challenging to say the least. I used the 3m carbon fiber materials but it's thicker and harder to use. Go to Avery Dennison Wrap materials and see their product. On my Harley I did not wrap the whole faring just added a design by following the original pin stripping. Came out super clean with the Avery brushed titanium wrap
Can't you post 'em here, or a link to a pic site? Cheers

Old 02-10-2019, 04:33 PM

Hi I have a bunch of experience putting on decals made of vinyl..But only on flat surfaces.A gas tank might be a challenge as I have never done contoured surfaces.The key to doing it successfully for my shop that I work at is to spray the surface you are covering with window cleaner like Windex.Wet down the entire area and place the vinyl on to the area.The Windex allows you to move the vinyl around until you get it dead on.Then take a squeegee like tool to flatten and extract most of the Windex.Some Windex left behind won't hinder the adhesion at all.Just let it sit for a few hours (depending on ambient temperatures.)Test this method out with a small strip of vinyl if in doubt.It works 100% of the time for my shop and no reason it won't work for you.
We get our vinyl from another shop with a large vinyl cutting machine that does primarily letters and numbers.I wish software was available to cut out the original vinyl graphics for my CBR1000f..A nice vinyl cutting machine cost around $500.00 USD to 3000.00 USD.Such a unit would pay for itself if you could do OEM vinyl graphics for old and new motor vehicles.
Buckethead