CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Vinyl wrap for fairings?? anyone done it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Vinyl wrap for fairings?? anyone done it?

So i was trying to think of a way to finish my project f3 and i thought of doing a full wrap on the bike in like a color, or matte black with decals etc. Has anyone done this before or seen it done, ideas comments?
I was gonna do paint but i wanna try soething diferent. for some odd reason

Old 07-28-2010, 11:39 PM

kinda like the carbon fiber wrap???? I did a couple of interior pieces in my car with this stuff and its actually nice in person if done right

Old 07-28-2010, 11:42 PM

I thought about going to the local sign shop that does vehicle wraps and asking about pricing on doing a Friday the 13th themed wrap on my bike... but then I wrecked it. Let me know if you end up doing it and how it turns out. Would you be using a generic wrap or a special order/printed one?

Old 07-29-2010, 07:37 AM

I dunno yet, i thought about doing a special printed one, but i might just go with an all matte black wrap. havent decided yet

Old 07-29-2010, 08:25 AM

I went to a sign show in Orlando a few months ago (I work for a sign shop) and they had a motorcycle wrapped....It looked really good actually...I have been wanting to get into wrapping but havent had the time and my boss doesn't really want to go that route...I would assume you will probably pay a little more since you would most likely be wrapping the whole thing...Also I dont recall what it is called but i think 3M is coming out with or has come out with a new flat/matte black vinyl which is awesome and somehow looke as good if not better than a paint job and they are starting to use it on taxi's so that dont have to use paint...hope this helps

Old 07-29-2010, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by K7inne09
I went to a sign show in Orlando a few months ago (I work for a sign shop) and they had a motorcycle wrapped....It looked really good actually...I have been wanting to get into wrapping but havent had the time and my boss doesn't really want to go that route...I would assume you will probably pay a little more since you would most likely be wrapping the whole thing...Also I dont recall what it is called but i think 3M is coming out with or has come out with a new flat/matte black vinyl which is awesome and somehow looke as good if not better than a paint job and they are starting to use it on taxi's so that dont have to use paint...hope this helps
yeah that definately helps, i also heard about the 3m matte black ive seen it in person on a 2010 skyline fully wrapped, looked sick tahts really where the idea first came to mind. Thanks for the input.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Smokin
I did what your thinking, my bike was knocked over so I resprayed it gloss black and went to a local sign guy with images I found on the net (basically a new looking 600RR) and go the stuff printed it cost my $180 Australian dollars. But be ready to loose 2-3 hours of your life trying to fit them as they are S*#t to fit (if i was to do it again I would pay someone to do it way less headaches).
Have a look at my bike in my gallery see if you like the way it looks.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Weegee
Hi Smokin
I did what your thinking, my bike was knocked over so I resprayed it gloss black and went to a local sign guy with images I found on the net (basically a new looking 600RR) and go the stuff printed it cost my $180 Australian dollars. But be ready to loose 2-3 hours of your life trying to fit them as they are S*#t to fit (if i was to do it again I would pay someone to do it way less headaches).
Have a look at my bike in my gallery see if you like the way it looks.
WOW!! it looks great, lots better than i thought it might. i dont mind the work as long as it pays off!! thanks

Old 01-15-2014, 01:56 PM
Default Vinyl Wrap and designs

If you are thinking of wrapping the fairing or do a design on the fairing and or other parts of the bike its possible and doable. If you look at Avery Dennison they have the materials and tools. Also, they have the Knifeless Tape which is like dental floss string in a 1/4 inch wide tape and you use that as a design then lay over the wrap. Super cool to use. I just finished my fairing with a design using the Dennison Brushed Titanium and it came out fantastic. Took about 30 minutes but I have done this before. They also have Carbon Fiber materials as well. If you want to see the final design send me an email

Old 01-16-2014, 09:01 PM

looking into wrap too. post pics and if you do the work youself post how it went

Quick Reply: Vinyl wrap for fairings?? anyone done it?