CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

running funny

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
Sure thing man. My wife and I are still trying to get settled after moving back here from NC, but getting together sounds good. I'd say I'd like to go for a ride, but my bike isn't that close to getting done, unfortunately.
Man are you in for some disappointment. If you've been riding in NC, then you're going to hate it here. Long straight hot roads. Here we have the Florida Dragon. Up at Deals Gap it's got "318 curves in 11 miles", well here its "11 curves in 318 miles" LOL.

On the other hand, any riding is better than no riding, so it's all good.

If anyone wants to hook up in Orlando, PM me.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
Man are you in for some disappointment. If you've been riding in NC, then you're going to hate it here. Long straight hot roads. Here we have the Florida Dragon. Up at Deals Gap it's got "318 curves in 11 miles", well here its "11 curves in 318 miles" LOL.

On the other hand, any riding is better than no riding, so it's all good.

If anyone wants to hook up in Orlando, PM me.
Ha, yeah... it is a lot different. But I'm originally from here, so I'm used to it. And to be fair, I didn't live in that part of NC. I lived in the tobacco fields closer to the coast. No mountains, just wide open country between farms and all of the small historic towns.

To be honest, I really liked it because there were so many good roads - that no one ever traveled on with tons of vision - it's a match made in heaven. But that's the biggest difference between here and there - traffic. There's SOOO many people here, and I've only been gone a year - I didn't realize how much different it'd feel to be back down here.

Anyways - I went and looked at Dad0507's bike last week. I think that it just needs a re-sync. It's real close though, and when I first got there, I couldn't really see anything wrong with it. I sprayed some WD40 on the boots, and there wasn't any sign of a leak. I held the throttle at about 4500-5000 revs, let go of it, and the revs would instantaneously drop back to idle. I checked the header temps via an IR gun, and they were all reading somewhere between 480-540 degrees IIRC.

After a few cycles of the fan clicking on and off, I noticed that when I'd hold the throttle back at 4500-5000 RPMs, upon letting go of the throttle, there was a slight hesitation at 2000 RPMs before the revs would fall back to idle. Considering that the bike mechanically rides great until dad0507 comes to stop at a red light and runs slightly better with a touch of choke - I think a re-sync should do it.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Conrice; 10-13-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

Did he ever mention how many miles were on it ? Valve adjustments been done ? When Dad cleaned the carbs, was it a full dismantle ?

Old 10-14-2014, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
Did he ever mention how many miles were on it ? Valve adjustments been done ? When Dad cleaned the carbs, was it a full dismantle ?
From what I gathered, he dismantled the slides/diaphragms and bowls/floats/jets, the bodies did not come off of the rail. I can't confirm on the valve spec, so he'll have to chime in.

But he's taken care of that bike. Everything is clean, the tank has no rust inside of it, nothing stood out to me that would indicate any real problem. He has a car fuel pump on it, and one of those nice glass fuel filters (marine application). Would there be any reason that those two wouldn't be compatible? It was odd to me that the glass filter became almost empty between the pump cycles - at idle.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

From what I gathered, he dismantled the slides/diaphragms and bowls/floats/jets, the bodies did not come off of the rail. I can't confirm on the valve spec, so he'll have to chime in.

If they didn't come off the rail, then either they were put into a large enough tank that would hold them, or there's still room for more problems within them. I can't imagine placing the entire rack into a cleaning solvent because the risk of damage to the O rings on the fuel lines and carb heat lines would be too great.

But he's taken care of that bike. Everything is clean, the tank has no rust inside of it, nothing stood out to me that would indicate any real problem. He has a car fuel pump on it, and one of those nice glass fuel filters (marine application). Would there be any reason that those two wouldn't be compatible? It was odd to me that the glass filter became almost empty between the pump cycles - at idle.
The fuel filter is on the low pressure side of the pump, so probably nothing to worry about.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of did was use carb cleaner. I took off one part and cleaned it. Took off another cleaned everything again. Rinse and repeat until re assembled. Flipped and repeated. I have not done any valve adjustments. They were not take off the rail.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by dad0507
All of did was use carb cleaner. I took off one part and cleaned it. Took off another cleaned everything again. Rinse and repeat until re assembled. Flipped and repeated. I have not done any valve adjustments. They were not take off the rail.
Like we talked about when I looked at your bike - had you put something back together incorrectly, your bike wouldn't have run like it did.

That fuel filter is between the petcock and the pump, right? Or is it between the pump and the carbs? I don't remember.

I still say it just needs a sync because of the hesitation when coming off the throttle once the bike was warmed up in comparison to when it was cold. Good to see you back on the forums, Nate. Let me know what works for you schedule wise, and I can get that done for you. Also, let me know about your welder-friend.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like we talked about when I looked at your bike - had you put something back together incorrectly, your bike wouldn't have run like it did.

That fuel filter is between the petcock and the pump, right? Or is it between the pump and the carbs? I don't remember.

I still say it just needs a sync because of the hesitation when coming off the throttle once the bike was warmed up in comparison to when it was cold. Good to see you back on the forums, Nate. Let me know what works for you schedule wise, and I can get that done for you. Also, let me know about your welder-friend.
The filter is between the petcock and the pump. I was going to order a new dynojet kit this week. I will let you know when it arrives. I sent you a text with my buddies info.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by dad0507
The filter is between the petcock and the pump. I was going to order a new dynojet kit this week. I will let you know when it arrives. I sent you a text with my buddies info.
You are the man. Thanks again for setting that up. Also - I'm closing on my house in a few weeks - I'll have full access to my tools again when that happens.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

I'm closing on my house in a few weeks - I'll have full access to my tools again when that happens.
Oh no, limited access to tools !! I feel DT's coming on... lol