CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Front end noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end noise

I have had my left seal leaking pretty for about a weak but the right is fine so ive been driving it , i have noticed a clanking noise when i brake off and on , the noises is when i hit the brakes =. I checked it out and it really sounds like it is coming from inside the fork tubes. when i push down on the front hard it barely comes back up and when i pull up on it it sort of gets stuck. does this mean the internals are Fu&&ed or what cuz buddy told me that the insides dont go bad. i know itleaked some of the oil but still had some in there i would asume.but for it not to really have tension on it??? has anyone experienced this appreciate the help.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Front end noise

The noise your hearing is the top (or bottom) of the damper rod & spring making contact with top (or bottom) of the fork tube as the fork goes through its compression. Lack of oil means there is nothing to dampen the impact internally. I kinda of feel that it will be ok, not on the CBR, but on another bike I blew a seal on the way home (yeah i've heard that joke to) & it did the same thing. My biggest concern is that 1/ Your bike will be handling like crap & will bring you to grief in an emergency stop 2/ Your going to blow the other seal, because of the extra weight on it & when that goes........So stop us all from worrying & get it fixed.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Front end noise

DEFINTLY all ears to any advice im not trying to go down again for something stupid that can be fixed. I was just concerned that i just bought two new seals and the gold valve kit and was going to bring them the bike tuesday , and i just wanted to make sure that the noise wasnt a blown internal part, and hopfullyit is just the lack of oil. I also ask you guys ,cuz u know some mechanics will rip you off if you dont know no better so i would rather listen to people who have gone through it and know then a money hungry wrench turner. so if it is the lack of oil thats great i thought i was assed out again I appreciate it i feel much better now.
Whats crazy is that in between these posts my buddy just called me with the Yamaha and he totalled it minutes ago im ganna go see him now THank you though