CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

CBR - Quick Thoughts on Issues required !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is your reg/rec. I can almost guarantee. Mine went at the start of the season. I bought a 05 ZX14 reg/rec off of ebay. I could not and would not buy an oem one because it will have the same faults. And my plug was melted to crap. So I installed the replacement Reg/Rec. Cut the old plug off and installed spade connectors to the yellow wires. And then ran new positive and negative wires with spade connectors to the battery terminals. And it works great now.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by intiractive
right side (if youre sitting on it), behind the rear fairing. take that off, and you'll see a couple black boxes. its the skinny one thats not very thick, and its about 2.5" by 2". If you just rode, it should be hot as hell to the touch (unless its already dead lol)
Thanks !!

Now when you say "rear fairing" are you talking the long piece under the seat that stretches back to the tail piece ( fairing above the exhaust ? )

For the record ..... that EXACT piece of body work explodes into 1000 small pieces when you are trying to remove it in -20"C !! and aren't being overly careful !

Replaced that same side twice already !!

Old 09-23-2009, 10:55 AM

yeah thats the peice. gos from the back of the gas tank to the rear tail light. -20??? do you not have a garage with some sort of heater? lol.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:07 AM

I live in Vermont, Gets cold here to. But, todays forcast for Winnepeg Canada is High 75f, low 49f... Dont think you'll have to worry about the -20C, which is -4f
My 2 cents....

Old 09-23-2009, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by intiractive
yeah thats the peice. gos from the back of the gas tank to the rear tail light. -20??? do you not have a garage with some sort of heater? lol.
LOL !

Nope no garage any more .... Now the CBR gets locked up in a shed for the winter. The problem is, usually I wait to prep the bike for winter .... WAY into the winter season !

I'll see if I cant get it done by November this year ....... not likely

thanks again

Tim Kent
Winnipeg Canada

Old 09-23-2009, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by reddog952
I live in Vermont, Gets cold here to. But, todays forcast for Winnepeg Canada is High 75f, low 49f... Dont think you'll have to worry about the -20C, which is -4f
My 2 cents....
Oh ya, I am good for a few more weeks. Mornings are starting to get a little cooler, but nothing that makes me wanna take the car rather than the bike

Mid Oct - Mid Nov is usually where the weather does a 180 on us.

I have only been here in Winnipeg since 97 ( Bike was the first thing I bought when I moved here ) Anyways I have been here since 97 and there has only been 2 maybe 3 years that there has not been snow on the ground by Halloween.

There are still a few good days to ride in Nov when the snow melts, BUT every day is a gamble. I got caught on the freeway last Nov when freezing rain hit. This was by far the worst conditions I have ever been in on the bike

I had about 15 miles to get home ..... and made it another 5 before I had to pull over as everything on the bike was icing up and any movement , acceleration or decelration caused wobble and unstability in the bike.

For the record Dunlops are NOT good in ice !

By the time I got picked up by the gf in her car and made it BACK to where the bike was with a truck to pick it up the CBR was coated in almost 2 inches of ice everywhere !

This made it really difficult to load it up a ramp onto a cube van !!

Talk to ya later

Later all

Last edited by 96th_Malice; 09-23-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:36 PM

Je je. I love winter riding. Although its not that cold as in Canda but still. I have a nice one piece thermo suite. What I really hate is damn traffic in the morning and my bike is a real saver.
To your problem..Guys already have said enough. I dunno if the engineers of Honda were drinking or smoking while creating F2s and F3s but I dunno anybody of my buddies with F2 and F3s who hasnt changed that damn R/R. Hondas R/Rs are jsut POS. Change that stuff asap. Dont buy HOndas one. Get one from Gixer. Big and strong..And you will have plenty of winter rides. But do charging system test first to make sure your R/R is faulty. You can find tutorial on the web. Its an easy procedure.
Ride safe, brother.