CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Bike dies only while riding...(Vid for diagnostics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Bike dies only while riding...(Vid for diagnostics)

Hope you got a lot of sanding done this weekend. I foundmy spareo-rings between the airbox and carbs, do you want them. You can have'm because I'm not going to need them.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually didn't sand anything. As figures anytime I have a decent legnth of time off I get sick. So I've been camping out in bed for the past few days. Never fails and that is the story of my life.

I should be fine on the O-rings. The guy at the shop thinks he has some spare ones.

Right now they are getting cleaned out and the guy is going to give me a spare needle(I think that's it) and new softer springs for $25 and shim them right for a full exhaust by Vance&Hines that I plan to get in a few weeks along with a BMC airfilter. The guy started out racing F2/F3s when he first started racing and has some left over stuff. Plus, when I get the exhaust, airfilter, and carbs worked over I'll have the bike dynotuned too. Which I'm going to go ahead and wait and get everything done to it now.

I also plan to clean up the engine area from all the mud and road gunk that has gathered in there.

I'll still go through the eletrical when I get a chance.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:29 PM

I finally got my carbs put back on tonight and it runs great with no problems.

I had new rubber boots ordered. And then took the carbs off to take to a shop to be cleaned. The shop guy put in Factory needles that can be shimmed and set it up for a Vance&Hines full exhaust. Plus put in softer springs. We didn't jet it. He did the clean and needles/springs/installation for $160.

I still didn't have the O-rings from between the airbox and carbs. HoweverMarco had a spare barely used set that he oiled up and kept, then he mailed them to me.

I was worried about the Hoses because when I removed them I didn't mark them but it wasn't too hard to figure out where they went.

But finally I get everything back together and then ran it down the road some. I put it in 4th around 50mph and it didn't stall. Then put it up to 100mph and let off the gas while grabbing the clutch and it didn't stall still.

The bike is peppy and I have more to do. But my main worry is now over. Next thing is some full Vance&Hines exhaust, plus a few fairing parts, mirrors, and turn signals and I'll be ready for the road.

Appreciate everyone's help.[/align]

Old 12-09-2007, 09:18 PM

that's awesome bro glad it worked out

Old 12-09-2007, 10:39 PM

Thats great to hear you've got it running like a raped ape! By the way, where at 100 mph without any fairings? That must of been one hell of a windy ride!! My guess is you're now enjoying the process of sanding/preping/painting. Good luck with all of that.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:59 PM

I had the top fairings and windscreen so it wasn't too bad. And I was only up there for a short few seconds.

Right now I'm actually waiting on my fairing bolts and then I need to find a couple other fairing parts. Which are the circled parts...

Top top one is the most expensive and going to be the hardest to find. Honda wants about $470 for it. Sorry Honda you guys make incredible stuff but I don't like it that much.

But if I can get the other two circled parts I'd be in business for sure. and could deal without the part that is missing a chunk towards the bottom of the top right cowl.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:50 AM

Keep your eye out on eBay for the fairing. The right side pops up frequently and they are actually in pretty good shape, especially if you're going to be repainting it anyway. You're lucky because theleft side doesn't pop up all that often. If you want to go with factory blinkers, let me know. I know a little trick that'll save you some cash. It has to do with buying blinkers for an F4I, 954 RR, or even the 1000 RR and then... some disassembly and assemblyrequired. If you're interested, let me know.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: kjohnson
87 octane is fine.Anything higher,you are throwing money away.
Mr. Johnson is correct.

Higher octane fuel contains additives that actually SLOW the rate of burn and raise the temp of ignition. The reason this is used is so that engines with very high compression and/or significantly advanced timing don't get pre-ignition or detonation because of the increased temps in those engines. Detonation will totally destoy a motor VERY quickly.

So, running higher octane fuel isa waste of money;it will not improveperformance of a stock engine and it mayhurt performance.

Next time you pull up to the gas pumps and see some fool putting high octane fuel in the family minivan, you can snicker up your sleeve, because you know that the fancyad firms have suckered another dum slob into spending money foolishly.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:34 AM

Regulator rectifiers will start the bike and let it run for a short while but once it gets too hot will not start without jumping or bumping it. once its had enought time to cool it will start again, thats what my money is on cbr's are renowned for theR/R failures.