CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Throttle Question

Old 12-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Question

Hey im new to the bike world and just bought a 1993 F2. When i bought it, the twist throttle was broken but still worked. It just didn't automatically twist back andalso it was seperate from the kill switch. I know a new one is suppose to close or connected to the kill switch or maybe it just needs to be loosened and moved over. Now to fix the throttle, what should i do? I was thinking aboult just buying a new right hand assembly and just start new or can i just buy the new twist throttle and replace the grips and move the kill switch. Just seeing what i should do before i decide to do it.

Thanx

Kevin

Old 12-09-2007, 02:18 AM
Default RE: Throttle Question

kev, one thing u gotta learn is this board is very helpfull with solving issues, just try to be as clear as possible. when all else fails....use pictures
so your throtle cable is sticking and the throtle body has slid off the handle bar slightly? or the starter housing looks separated from the throtle? depending on how mechanical you are you might or might not want to perform this by yourself. there are 2 screws on the bottom of that housing. now if u can see for instance some kind of indication that the housing has been moved..you can take this off and adjust it. wait a min...the throtle body should have a head in the starter housing...they cant be separated, unless its broken

Old 12-10-2007, 12:03 PM

Alright cause the kill switch and twist throttle are seperate and when you twist it back it doesn't go back. Do i need to replace the whole assembly or can i just adjust the throttle cable to fix it. I'll try to get pics but it may take awhile

Old 12-11-2007, 07:22 PM

b4 u start replacing and all that good stuff, we have to fully figure out ur prob kev, if its that ur throtle cable is sticking, the most likly reason is because something is restricting its movement, could be tank, air box...something along the line . if you are sayin also that the throtle is separat from the kill switch housing...i would have to say hmmm...because these to are together.(the part of the throtle that holds the actuall cable lays inside that kill switch housing) the entire piece is a white plast piece. if ur saying this is separated...then its broken...otherwise...i can picture what ur trying to say here. i really wanna be of help.