CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Project GOOF! - Honda CBR 600 F2/FM

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StevenF
The left hand fairing seems strange... As if it is missing something. I think it had been respray end before as there's a slight lip around the red paint and some filler in the back.
You had mentioned the possible respray and i wondered about it myself when I looked at the right hand side of your bike and noticed that the red sections of the right hand fairing don't line up with the red on your tank. Looks like it's a nice paint job though and I like the colours.

I think yours looks good with the silver muffler and rear hugger and those red wheels, compared to the stock photos.

Well done on the carb work.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also discovered that one of my HT leads have two slight slits in them. It doesn't seem deep, is it likely to cause any problems?
If the slits are less than half way through the thickness of the insulation, I personally would not be concerned, as it won't allow current to short out to the valve cover/cylinder head unless it's at least broken all the way through anyway, but it's something I would closely examine any time I change plugs or do engine work - keep it very clean, as petroleum tends to break rubber down, and the slits could grow.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime
You had mentioned the possible respray and i wondered about it myself when I looked at the right hand side of your bike and noticed that the red sections of the right hand fairing don't line up with the red on your tank. Looks like it's a nice paint job though and I like the colours.

I think yours looks good with the silver muffler and rear hugger and those red wheels, compared to the stock photos.

Well done on the carb work.
Yea it's strange, but like you say, if it had been re sprayed at least someone has done a good job of it.

Thanks, I learned loads and that's mostly down to the forum so thanks

JNSRacing - I'm sure they are less than half way down, I'll double check later tonight. Hopefully it will be ok and I'll just leave it as it is.

I also ordered a replacement part tonight for the tiny air filter that I broke

What so think about 2 1/4 turns for the pilot screw, does that sound about right?

Old 02-20-2013, 11:09 AM

What so think about 2 1/4 turns for the pilot screw, does that sound about right?
Yeah, 2 1/4 is the OEM baseline setting, and I think we already covered that you're running OEM air filter and exhaust, right? Anyway, if so, 2 1/4 should be just fine.
And, since your settings were not matched, from carb to carb, your idle/low rev range might run a touch more smoothly, with the screw settings balanced out.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
Yeah, 2 1/4 is the OEM baseline setting, and I think we already covered that you're running OEM air filter and exhaust, right? Anyway, if so, 2 1/4 should be just fine.
And, since your settings were not matched, from carb to carb, your idle/low rev range might run a touch more smoothly, with the screw settings balanced out.
I thought the standard settings was 2 turns out, but I could've just pulled that figure from the air. I have aftermarket stainless steel downpipes (motad) and a Viper end can.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:23 PM

Are the headers high-flow race headers, or just a replacement for OEM, using the same shape and 4-2-1 design as OEM?

Old 02-20-2013, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
Are the headers high-flow race headers, or just a replacement for OEM, using the same shape and 4-2-1 design as OEM?
They're just OEM 4,2,1 replacement in stainless steal, so I'm guessing that means the jet settings will be fine?

Old 02-20-2013, 02:26 PM

They're just OEM 4,2,1 replacement in stainless steal, so I'm guessing that means the jet settings will be fine?
Yeah, with just a slip-on, I'd keep things with stock settings.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:32 PM

I thought the standard settings was 2 turns out, but I could've just pulled that figure from the air. I have aftermarket stainless steel downpipes (motad) and a Viper end can.
from the manual...

49 states type: 2-1/8 turns out
california type: 2-3/4 turns out
Canada type: 2 turns out

Those are the initial settings. I think you are fine with your 2-1/4 turns and seeing how it runs from there.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime
from the manual...

49 states type: 2-1/8 turns out
california type: 2-3/4 turns out
Canada type: 2 turns out

Those are the initial settings. I think you are fine with your 2-1/4 turns and seeing how it runs from there.
Interesting... my manual calls for 2 1/4, and I just read that a few nights ago, but I'm not certain if that was in my Haynes manual, or the Honda one... I about never even open my Clymer manual anymore, so I know it's not that one!

Quick Reply: Project GOOF! - Honda CBR 600 F2/FM