CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

no spark help please!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no spark help please!!!!!!!

okay i have been fighting with this bike for about a month and yet to get it to start. i have cleaned the carbs like no other i would eat of them they are so clean. got the fuel hoses and everything hooked up, tried to start it and it just turns over, doesnt even start with starter fluid. so we took the plugs out and there was no spark. can anyone please helpwith this, if the stator is bad would that keep it from getting a spark or does that matter because i have a bad stator? please help im about to give up and pay a **** ton at the honda shop

Old 07-03-2010, 01:08 AM

bikes are not like cars... the battery in a bike is worthless once the bike is on, and the entire bike runs off of the Regulator Rectifier/Stator. you must have a battery installed, or shunted at least for the bike to run, but if your charging system is fried, chances are, its linked to your no spark condition.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:19 AM

my friend you must read the service manual and do some test, check the ignition section, you must check stator ohm resistence, ignition coil ohms, the R/R and the CDI, but i recommend you check the spark plugs, cables maybe they are damaged.

Charge your battery first and check if the bike crank and start.

Cris

Old 07-03-2010, 03:03 PM

if your stator and R/R is fried...the bike will still run, it'll just run off your battery and your battery will go dead in about 25 minutes of running and then the bike will stall.

First thing I'd do...charge you're battery, then check ALL wiring and connectors..make sure everything's connected and no crimps or nicks in the wiring...check your killswitch is in the ON position..it still crank even in the off position you just wont have spark.
Next, New spark plugs that are correctly gapped.

Then start going through and testing your coils, cdi, pulse generator, etc. Get a service manual, you'll need it.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:07 PM

i wana say thank you to everyone and there info. it was a great help. i found out that the stator was bad and that if the stator is bad you wont have a spark.

come to find out that my freind that is working on my bike went to school with nicky hadden crew cheif mechanic and he called him for some help. i was shock when i heard that lol but anyway. the honda racing team told us that there are four magnetts in the stator case that when the stator passes them it will send a charge up to you coils and then to the plugs.

now if all that is true we will find out soon because i am working way too much overtime and have no time to getover to my freindsand help him out with it. cross your fingures lol we will find out soon.

thanks again

Old 07-04-2010, 10:02 PM

Not true...this bikes spark comes from the pulse generator on the right side of the bike. (right round cover with two yellow wires coming from it, thats your pulse generator)

What you just described, the stator with magnets is a totally different set ups that some other bikes use, not the CBR f2's however.

Like i said, I know for a fact CBR f2's will run with the R/R and stator disconnected, I have done it with mine. It will just run straight off your battery and when your battery dies, the bike will stall as well because it needs the batteries power to create the spark.

And even if this bike DID use pick up coils (like you described with the stator/magnets) it wouldnt mean your stator is bad, It could still be the pick up coils, coils, spark plugs, spark plug wires, grounded out wire etc etc.

Thats why i gave a list to troubleshoot, Do the simple things first and work your way up.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:34 PM

well just to give everyone a update on the progress. after replacing the STATOR my bike now has spark. spray the carbs with starting fuild and she fired up for a lil, so im happier than a fat kid with cake lol now just some small peices and she will be rollin on the streets of evansville indiana.

i am doing a tail conversion on this bike like my freind from st.louis and i wll start posting pics of that as soon as the bike is road ready. i have all the parts needed to put my 06 yamaha end on. everything is painted just waiting for the bike.