CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

MY F2 - The Red Bull

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 07:51 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it's been a while since I posted so figured i'd put up what i've done lately...

I made plans over the winter to do several things:
- get the gas tank repainted
- Replace the fork seals
- new tires

There's more I cannot think of right now that's still on the list to do, but can't think of them right now.

I got my bonus from work in February and was dying to make some progress on the bike, so up onto the stands she went! I went tire shopping and picked up a brand new set of Michelin Pilot Powers for a sweet deal at the local shop around here.

While those were off, I decided it was time to do the fork seals. I noticed the right fork was leaking a decent amount the previous year, and wasn't going to let it get any worse.

*looking sexy without her shoes and dress

All in all, it wasn't a tough job. Just watched a few video tutorials on youtube and followed the shop manual. Had them completed in an afternoon.

Got the tires back, mounted, and all that was left was the gas tank... crap, I never got around to finding a shop to paint the gas tank.

It was may by then and I couldn't wait to ride, so I've got a mismatched tank on at the moment. I did however have an old high school friend who works at a graphics shop do up a shiny new Red Bull decal set for the top of the tank and Honda logos for the side for when I do get around to it (below picture). I worked my illustrator magic and he did an amazing job! can't wait to get it finished. This winter for sure! I promise!

Current setup for the summer:

Oh, and over the winter I got bored a lot. Hit up my vinyl buddy again for some graphics to put on the helmet and visor:

(side)

(front)

*don't mind the toilet in the reflection of the visor. we're in the middle of remodeling the joint.*

Old 08-29-2013, 08:10 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lookin' good Corey! I hope you can get a good match when you get the tank painted!

Old 08-29-2013, 12:27 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice! Loving the helmet

Old 08-30-2013, 05:54 AM

Red Bull CBRs FTW! I had to go with the black kit; blue has been my least favorite color since I was in 5th grade. But that bike is sick! Blue actually looks great on it. We even have our rear signals in the same place... Planning on putting anything in the white spot on the right/front fairing?

EDIT: Did something happen to your kit's tank or did you just not like it?

Last edited by RedBullCBR; 08-30-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:01 AM

The kit looks great! What vendor on eBay did you use for these fairings? I'm looking at picking up a new fairing kit and am having a hard time sorting out which company to go with.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by thehapakid
The kit looks great! What vendor on eBay did you use for these fairings? I'm looking at picking up a new fairing kit and am having a hard time sorting out which company to go with.
I checked my eBay account on who I went through, and he/she isn't selling any items anymore (it was back in 2011 that I bought the set). lzy8600 was the seller's name.

Honestly though, I think they're all getting plastics from the same person molding them. I went through the feedback on everyone before I bought. I do wish they'd have fit better, but its aftermarket so it's never going to be perfect.

let me know who you go with and if you have questions on fitting them when you do. I'll be happy to try and help!