Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bull**** media.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bull**** media.

Hey guys. This section of the news stirred up a lot of motorcyclists here in aus today. Have a look at the bull**** we have to put up with from the media.

Video 1 - Watch first
http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/play/-/7375299/

They also decided to pull up old footage from 2004 for the stunts at the end of the video. Original and another bs video below.

Video 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04LA-EHpZTI

Points which didnt go down well.
  • Rubbish about insurance. We pay more for bikes here than cars do to start with.
  • Police are ment to turn on signals when breaking the law in any way. Officer in video goes three times over the posted limit without using lights. Shows he was looking for the biggest fine possible instead of 'saving lives' which is what they say they are doing.
  • Front number plate issue. Never going to happen. We have reverse facing cameras now so it shouldnt be an issue any more.
  • Douche from pedestrian council has a few offences under his name incuding hitting a pedestrian in his car in which he blamed the pedestrian as he was listening to an ipod.

Enjoy media at its finest.
From Perth, Australia.

Last edited by Jacko; 06-10-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:00 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by Jacko
Hey guys. This section of the news stirred up a lot of motorcyclists here in aus today. Have a look at the bull**** we have to put up with from the media.
I dont blame them for being pissed... Im just glad they arent trying to portray every motorcyclist as being that irresponsible...

Im not a large fan of stunting, and I feel like alot (not all) of the guys that do if feel like they are invincible... It puts other at risk as well as their selves thats what worries me...

If u wanna stunt thats totally cool by me but keep it off the roads... or at least roads where there isnt any traffic.... haha but I know thatll never happen....

Old 06-10-2010, 08:53 AM

I think theres a lot more to it than just speeding! First, the officer was doing the exact same thing, maybe worse because he was paying attention to his speed and trying to call it out. Second how many of those motorcycle crashes are harley's or other cruisers. and how many were bikers obeying the law and some car wasn't paying attention.
Now don't get me wrong, im not trying to say theat bikers and speeders are never at fault! It's just un-fair to lump all of them into one category!

Old 06-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Nex

Stunting should be kept to areas where innocent bystanders are not going to suffer for something going wrong. The "road commission" guy, or whatever he was has a distaste for riders. It seems to me that they were attempting to lump all riders into the same category.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree that these guys are really just trying to put all bikers into the same category, sound like a bunch of lamers (yes, I said lamers). One day, they're gonna realize that life can get a bit more exciting than eating spicy food.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy that their talking about was from Sydney. Went past a speed camera every morning on his way home from work, we all hate him, because he was the sacrificial goat they they drag every time they want to put more crap on bike riders. This guy was caught maybe 3-4 years ago? maybe be more.
I pay way more for insurance & bike registration compared to what I pay for my car (rego + insurance = $1000, compared to $600 for the car).
And I can just as easily site examples of car drivers doing excess speeds, burnouts & street racing & generally behaving badly (yesterdays news on the women who was 3 times over the legal alcohol limit (nearly 4).
Its just a beat up on bikes that they drag out every year or so to justify what ever more punitive measures their going to introduce.
Increase insurance? Guy from Pedestrian Council, if he had his way no one would be allowed to drive anything on the road, except him of course, because he is just so good, instead of the puffed up, self opinionated ****** he is.
Make every road user pay to use it, Cars, trucks, motor bikes, push bikes & pedestrians, sounds a fairer option to me.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:38 PM

They are just piling on the bad boy image because they think it will make their voters identify with them. Just whoring.