Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Random Update

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Random Update

Haven't been on a whole lot lately. We have moved from a 550 sq ft apt to 1100 sq ft.. 2 bed, 1.5 bath, large screened-in balcony, dishwasher. (I have a whole patio set out there.) So one bedroom is the computer room and I've got my eye on a really sharp daybed to put in here for when one of us is sick or something so we don't have to disturb one another or we could have guests stay over. When we moved, we discovered mushrooms growing from the carpet in the old apt (didn't even know that was possible). Gross. I'm really loving this new place, I feel much safer here, there are secure entrances, deadbolt and regular lock, locks on the bedrooms, then I got my 9... ;-) Oh yeah, and we adopted an adult kitty from the animal shelter. He's a sweetie, very affectionate, and he sleeps with us.

Anyhow, I had purchased the Scorpion Fiore for myself and just wanted to say I really enjoy wearing it. The anti-fog visor DOES NOT FOG even when you're not in motion and the visor is closed. It's nice not to get blasted by bugs and to be warmer and more comfortable on cooler evenings. I thought I was going to hate wearing a helmet, but actually I should've bought one a long time ago. My bf scolded me, "This is not moto gp and wearing a helmet does not make you invincible... quit riding like an *******." I left him behind with his stretched bike... I was bangin corners and he was like, I know when you go through the stoplight and I can't catch the green, you aren't going to wait for me up there. I thought it to be somewhat comical.

I rode my bike to work.. and there was a Harley broad in my salon. She had looked at my bike outside (helmet clipped to the side) and she said, "You don't actually wear a helmet, do you." And she boasted, that she doesn't. I didn't say anything, but I did think to myself, that's why your face looks like leather. Even when I didn't wear one, I didn't say much about it cause I know it's retarded. Maybe she's entitled cause she's older and has a more expensive motorcycle, I dunno. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't I suppose. There's not really a point to preaching at anyone cause I didn't listen till I didn't hear about it so much anymore and could ring a clear thought through.. Was too busy being a rebel to care... much more comfortable now that I'm not such a rebel. To each their own.

Anybody interested in buying a classic Stang?? My old man's got one up on ebay and he said he'd buy me some new plastics if it sells cause, "your bike looks like ***." I dunno if it's forum illegal to post the link.. but some of the proceeds will go to a good cause. :-)

Old 06-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Talking

It's good to hear your significant other is treating such a classy girl as yourself respectfully. Mushrooms in the carpet? That's nasty! Now you know, not wearing a helmet doesn't make you rebellious, it makes you squidly, or ignorant, and aren't those the kind of people one rebels against?

I didn't say anything, but I did think to myself, that's why your face looks like leather.
LMAO

Old 06-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ha - sanity at last
Leather face on Harley riders is from squinting every time a bug hits then in the face........
the really old ones who don't learn end up looking almost Oriental...........
Mushrooms - hmmmmmmm - sounds like a damp problem..........YUK !
Sounds like the new place is really grand - twice the size, safer etc etc.
Enjoy !

Old 06-10-2010, 11:37 AM

I am sooper classy. ;-) We kid around with each other... I can take it, he's learning..

Old 06-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what the heck is that???

Old 06-10-2010, 03:46 PM

dis regard last transmission ha ha page didnt load til' after i asked.

Old 06-10-2010, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by maineiack
what the heck is that???
Hey man, I thought the same thing. My mom thought that **** was pasta. hahah It was where the computer desk was-perfect breeding ground for some shrooms. Warm from the computer, dark under the desk, and the foundation must be leaking in that corner. I know you wanna pour some red sauce on it!!

Old 06-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by meggers
and she said, "You don't actually wear a helmet, do you." And she boasted, that she doesn't.
what's up with this line of thinking? i'm all for individual choice, but making fun of people for good judgment and reasonable behavior? hope i never understand. (don't tell anyone - but sometimes i also put on sunscreen at the beach!)

Old 06-11-2010, 10:33 AM

sadly for awhile I was one of those Harley riders who didn't wear a helmet. Then one night I decided to ride to work, even though it was cold. I grabbed the helmet I promised my mom I would buy (but never wore) due to the chill. On my way home from work the next morning there was an accident in front of me and having no other option, I ditched the bike...sliding right into the car in front of me and cracking the chinbar of the helmet on the car's bumper. I'm a pretty big helmet fan now. I can count on one hand how many times I've ridden without one since that accident in 2000. I still cringe anytime I see a rider without a helmet and hope their guardian angel hangs around like mine does.