Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Another Media Jackass Wants to put the Hurt on Motorcyclists

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Fox
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Media Jackass Wants to put the Hurt on Motorcyclists

http://www.lakecities.com/main.asp?S...57&TM=4895.928

Anybody have friends or family that ride around the Dallas area? I'm not familar with any Texas forums, but it should be posted! Very similar story to the jackass in Maryland that testifed to pulling in front of motorcyclists. I've tried posting in other forums, to hopefully spread the word on a potential danger.

Old 03-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Another Media Jackass Wants to put the Hurt on Motorcyclists

page under construction....

Old 03-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Fox
Banned

ORIGINAL: doncollins

page under construction....
Fixed.

Old 03-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Fox
Banned

Copy and paste of article if the webmaster takes the article down or whatever...

Airing of grievances
Douglas Simpson
Managing Editor

To quote Seinfeld’s Frank Costanza at Festivus dinner, now is the time for the airing of grievances.

Usually there’s one hot topic to prompt me to write a column, as my fingers angrily dance across the keyboard. But there are a few things that are, well, bugging me that I need to address.

Here they are, in no particular order:

1. Motorcycles. Why are these things street legal? I challenge anyone out there to remember a time they saw a motorcycle that was driving the speed limit and adhering to all traffic laws.

When I see them, they are usually going about 120 mph down I-35E, weaving in and out of lanes like those white lines are just there for show.

Nothing irks me more than sitting in dense 5 p.m. or Friday traffic, only to see a motorcycle driving between the rows of cars, going about 40 mph. I want so badly to open my car door just before they reach me.

I’ll never forget the time I was driving down the George Bush around 10 p.m., when all of a sudden scorching down the road were not only about five motorcycles driving erratically, but they were all riding on their back tires. Popping a wheelie while doing 80 mph down a public roadway: stupid.

I remember a few years back, I think after Gary Busey had his bad motorcycle wreck, there was a public service announcement asking motorists to “keep an eye open for motorcyclists,†like they are being abused by us car and truck drivers.

I remember telling the TV, “I’ll look out for them as soon as they start obeying traffic laws.†I’m still waiting, so in my eyes, they are fair game.

Our police officers do a good job, I just hope they pay a little extra attention to the wheelie-popping idiots that are making the roadways dangerous for all of us.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Retired Administrator

wow... what an ***.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:10 PM

That guy is a total ***... his employer should be held responsible for anyone that reads what he writes and decides to act upon his fantasy:

I want so badly to open my car door just before they reach me.

If I ever see someone do that on purpose, they better be carrying and shoot me before I get to them. [:@]

Old 03-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Retired Mod

Douglas Simpson: you sir are the lowest form of **** scum. congrats, you just made my top-ten list of people that i would like to see tortured. right up there at number seven, between Fidel Castro and Martha Stewart.

that letter is absolutely ridiculous. and the sad thing is that there are some people out there who will listen and agree with him. the problem is he probably saw some punk kid on a sportbike doing a wheelie and has stereotyped motorcyclists for life. get over it. there are ******** everywhere, driving/riding every form of transportation. i once sat next to a overly dirty, stinky woman on a city bus. does that mean that everyone who rides the bus is dirty. NO. i also got in an accident with a drunk driver in a pickup. does that mean that everyone driving a truck is drunk. NO. why is it that every underinformed ******* takes a shot at motorcyclists. i just don't get it. someone needs to shut this guy up before he is allowed to regergitate more useless **** on the public.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:53 PM

Orginal: OldFatGuy

That guy is a total ***... his employer should be held responsible for anyone that reads what he writes and decides to act upon his fantasy:

I want so badly to open my car door just before they reach me.

If I ever see someone do that on purpose, they better be carrying and shoot me before I get to them.
I agree

Old 03-19-2006, 10:09 PM

ORIGINAL: NINE2NINE

Douglas Simpson: you sir are the lowest form of **** scum. congrats, you just made my top-ten list of people that i would like to see tortured. right up there at number seven, between Fidel Castro and Martha Stewart.

that letter is absolutely ridiculous. and the sad thing is that there are some people out there who will listen and agree with him. the problem is he probably saw some punk kid on a sportbike doing a wheelie and has stereotyped motorcyclists for life. get over it. there are ******** everywhere, driving/riding every form of transportation. i once sat next to a overly dirty, stinky woman on a city bus. does that mean that everyone who rides the bus is dirty. NO. i also got in an accident with a drunk driver in a pickup. does that mean that everyone driving a truck is drunk. NO. why is it that every underinformed ******* takes a shot at motorcyclists. i just don't get it. someone needs to shut this guy up before he is allowed to regergitate more useless **** on the public.
I totally agree. This guy should be fired for writing something like this. What a piece of ****, he shouldn't be able to get behind the wheel of a car after writing something like this. Someone needs to find him and pay a little visit, he's fair game anyway right?

-Jesse-

Old 03-19-2006, 11:37 PM

He's just jelious because he cant do a wheelie due to his fat ***. Just look at him, whata skid. I would love to cross his path in the future.

Quick Reply: Another Media Jackass Wants to put the Hurt on Motorcyclists