CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

My CBR f2 project/1000rr conversion: official

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gtcole
Thank for the info. I usually use the drill method myself, but being where your issue was I was unsure if that was the best way to go.

The fairings I found are for a 04, they look like they would work with the usual bracket modifications but I wasnt sure. Now I'll look at them more seriously. Thanks for the quick response, look forward to seeing more progress.
I always use the drill method also, I did the extractor once and its a pain. As for the fairings, if you dont kind of dig the look of the f2 or had/have missing or broken fairings then go for it, its a cool project. Reason I went this way is because the f2 fairings are way over priced imo for a 22 year old bike. I am almost done with mine, so it might be an inspiration so you can start yours.

Well guys as of now this is how I'm riding my bike, the mid fairings and windscreen should be here by the end of the week or maybe monday, i think it will change the look alot, since i dont dig this streetfighter look. It still needs some tweaks here and there but she will be done soon. I have to polish my rear pegs, put the vents on the tail, and I think i might paint my stator & clutch cover black, just havent decided yet.

Name:  IMAG1226.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  64.0 KB

Name:  IMAG1228.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  45.7 KB

Last edited by campos_motorsports; 04-09-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Welcome Crew

Looks good to me. Yeah I'm definitely leaning that way. If I do go this route, which I more then likely will, I will probably paint the engine black also. Just cause certain parts are exposed more. But your doing a good job so far and I will be following closely...

Old 03-27-2013, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by gtcole
Looks good to me. Yeah I'm definitely leaning that way. If I do go this route, which I more then likely will, I will probably paint the engine black also. Just cause certain parts are exposed more. But your doing a good job so far and I will be following closely...
Yea I am debating on it also since almost all the new hondas have all the engine parts in black, though I havent decided what color I'm gonna go with at the end. I have about 5 choices which is black, yellow, silver, blue, or pearl white.

I love the f2 man, no doubt about that, but the headlight just looked old, aswell as the tailight, so I figured I'd give her a make over, lol . If you decide to do this conversion I can help you out along the way. Though I would start from the front back if you are using it as a daily. The front is prettt easy, I just cut 4 2” brackets and mounted those to the fairing stay.and the frame, the everything that pertains to the front goes on the stay, or the nose fairing. I havent found a solution to mounting the cluster since I'm still not sure if its gonna stay or I'll swap it out.

For me this bike is just gonna be to cruise around or get me to work in ”style” lol, mainly for show or and stuff. Im thinking about getting a 08+ 1000rr or an 04-05 r1 next year anyways and keeping this one as an extra bike. It never hurt to have 2.

Last edited by campos_motorsports; 04-09-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know about the laws over where you are, but in the UK you wouldnt be able to ride the bike like that, It'd get impounded straight away aha, the number plate being mounted where it is would get you points on your license and a fine, the Blue LED's would be stripped off as well as thats the colour of the emergency services lights and with it only having half the fairing the Po Po would have something to say, I put my headlight and seat back on after doing a strip down for a carb clean and took it for a very short ride to see if I'd put it back together properlly and i got pulled over straight away aha.

Are they nicer over there or are you braver than me?

Old 03-29-2013, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by richbransby
I dont know about the laws over where you are, but in the UK you wouldnt be able to ride the bike like that, It'd get impounded straight away aha, the number plate being mounted where it is would get you points on your license and a fine, the Blue LED's would be stripped off as well as thats the colour of the emergency services lights and with it only having half the fairing the Po Po would have something to say, I put my headlight and seat back on after doing a strip down for a carb clean and took it for a very short ride to see if I'd put it back together properlly and i got pulled over straight away aha.

Are they nicer over there or are you braver than me?
Haha nah the laws are pretty much the same man, but (I'm not saying this in a cool way) since I work as a security officer and mostly just use my bike to work, a cop will wave or greet me. Though I have gotten pulled over for that plate, I just havent decided if I should get a swingarm plate bracket or a fender eliminator for a 600rr and make it work. The blue leds arent that visible from the rear when I'm on, state law says the leds should not be seen, as in only the light coming from them, just not the leds. Im just waiting for the fedex guy to bring in the mids and windscreen so she can look better, I dont like this no plastic/streetfighter look at all.

Last edited by campos_motorsports; 04-09-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those passenger pegs are real purrty though, sure enough!

I'm anxiously awaiting your finished conversion!

Old 03-29-2013, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
Those passenger pegs are real purrty though, sure enough!

I'm anxiously awaiting your finished conversion!
Yea I like the way they look, I havent had time to polish them to give them more shine, but I was also in a hurry to put them on since my wife was bugging me to give her a cruise on the bike.

Im so frustrated to ”finish” the bike also but I dont think I'll be done with it soon. Still debating about doing some more things to it later on but I have to finish the conversion first!

Old 04-01-2013, 08:12 PM

Alright guys, I got my mids in today, let me know how she looks. I also got a replacement for my right hid since it started acting up but they had warranty.

Other than that, I havent gotten too much time to work on her. Still waiting for my windscreen aswell.

On another note: Is it me or do you guys think the fairing stay should be pull more back? Do the nose and mids look too foward? Or should I just wait till I buy some lower fairings and see how it turns out? Thanks for any help guys.

Name:  IMAG1293.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  86.2 KB

Name:  IMAG1296.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  71.8 KB

Name:  IMAG1295.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  57.3 KB

Name:  IMAG1294.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  61.3 KB

Name:  IMAG1297.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  32.1 KB

Last edited by campos_motorsports; 04-01-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:35 AM
Welcome Crew

Looking good. You may have to wait til you get your lowers but I agree with you looks like they should be slid back abit. Not sure how it will look with the lowers on it though. Still looks good though keep up the good work.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by campos_motorsports
...On another note: Is it me or do you guys think the fairing stay should be pull more back? Do the nose and mids look too foward? Or should I just wait till I buy some lower fairings and see how it turns out? Thanks for any help guys.
I'm not so sure... when you look at how those fairings sit on the 1K, they seem quite similar in their "forward" bias - the position of the uppers in relation to the frame and forks seems quite similar, but the "gotcha" of course, is that they are not the same bike, the geometries are different, the frame is different, and that's just comparing stock geometry to stock geometry, which you don't have, as your forks are WAY up in the triples, and I'm assuming the rear is lowered somewhat?

Anyway, to get away from the differences of the frame and forks, we could use the ground as a reference, which won't work out too bad, as the angle of the top of the tank, to the ground, is similar between your bike and the 1000RR - that being said, the thing I'm noticing when comparing the two, is the angle of the bottom line of the mids, in parallel to the ground... it's hard to tell precisely from these pics, as they're taken with slightly different angles, but if you compare these, it would appear that the bottom of the mids is lower in the front, than in the back, on the 1K, but even, or possibly slightly the opposite way, with your mounting, which might affect the bottom of your lowers running parallel with the ground when they get added.

Basically there's two "bottom lines" here, firstly, since the bikes are so different, it's gonna be hard to tell anything for sure until you get the rest of the parts and just try it.
The second is irrelevant, since that ship has already sailed (or has it?), is that probably the best way to do this swap, is to get it all together and mock things up as a whole, before creating any mounts, doing any cutting, drilling, etc., since all three of these component's angles, is dependent on the mounted angle of the others. But, that means sitting on your hands, with new parts, and doing nothing, which requires this attribute I've heard of, but know nothing about... patience!! Believe me Eduardo, I doubt I could wait either! But then again, IS your fairing stay/upper fairing setup totally finished, or is it just mocked up? Maybe you could slot the holes in your brackets, to allow for some changes in angle, if necessary, when you've got the lowers in the mix.

Last edited by JNSRacing; 05-02-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Quick Reply: My CBR f2 project/1000rr conversion: official