CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

My CBR f2 project/1000rr conversion: official

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welded in the front seat brackets, dont mind my noob welds. Lol but they will hold, I've seen worse. Im already making the bracket for the tailight and to mount the tail.

Name:  IMAG1107.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  52.3 KB

Old 03-13-2013, 03:31 PM

Heres a mock up of the bracket for the tailight, I havent welded it in and the tailight has no screws thats why it hangs. basically this is how its gonna be, I might just weld it later on.

For the seat I will drill a hold and put one of those clip nut to the white part of the seat, and a screw thru the bottom so thats the way it will be mounted.

Name:  IMAG1110.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  36.6 KB

Name:  IMAG1116.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  54.7 KB

Name:  IMAG1114.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  29.8 KB

Old 03-14-2013, 02:43 AM

So now that the seat is mounted I put on the tail and was trying to figure out how high it gonna sit, so I fell in love with angle of the seat being at the same height as the tank. Shes coming along after some time.

Name:  IMAG1125.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  41.0 KB

Name:  IMAG1119.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  37.4 KB

I also want to mount up the cluster and wire the hids to battery and have a switch, I want to aleast mount the tailight bracket and cluster so I can hopefully take it to work.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like its coming along nicely! It gets expensive quick though lol. Getting my F2 to where it is now I could of bought an f4i lol but I just love these old bikes. Bulletproof and a blast to ride!
One piece of advice, take it or leave it but my bike came with the K&N in it. After messing with the carbs for about weak trying all kinds of different jet combos to dial it in I was still having issues and was collecting far to large a pile of carb jets. After a lot of research I came to the general conclusion that most people feel these engines do not run well with the K&N. Found a few threads where people couldn't even get them tuned right on a dyno so I delved to order the emsco high flo paper filter. Put it in and within the day had the carbs dialed in perfect and the bike pulled extremely hard through all the gears. I was amazed to that the filter made that much of a difference. So yeah if you find it's running like crap and even after trying half sizes on the main jets its still running like crap you might consider the emsco. Good luck and love the look of it so far!

Old 03-14-2013, 10:06 AM

Thanks for the heads up man, I'll see how she runs as soon as I get to use it, I want to finish the headlight and the tail so I can take it to work.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:12 PM

Well guys I've been using the bike like that for a while now, but i decided to tackle the chain and sprockets and ran into a problem, the front sprocket bolt broke and now I dont really know how to start with this problem. The bolt broke inside but I dont know if I should use an extractor, or drill all the screw till the im almost touching the thread, then break it. Sucks because I wanted to test it out with the new chain but oh well maybe things happen for a reason. Here are some pictures of how the situation is, and one picture of how the chain looks on now. Thanks for any help guys.

Name:  IMAG1202.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  119.5 KB

Name:  IMAG1205.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  54.6 KB

Name:  IMAG1206.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  91.7 KB

Last edited by campos_motorsports; 04-09-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:22 PM

Well other than it being so dead around here, I was able to extract the sprocket bolt out and started riding again. I will start making the brackets today for the rear seat and see how that goes, I should get the mid fairings in by next week so it can get a different view. And to who ever does read my posts, I should be almost done with all these mods in I'll say a month. By the way, the new sprocket combo feels awesome, I went 1 down in front, 1 up in the back and wow, I cruise at 6500rpm to 7000rpm at 75mph.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:33 AM
Welcome Crew

Glad you got it fixed. I'm having an issue with broken bolts from the po everywhere. Just in case it happens to me, how did you end up getting it out? An extraction set or drilling?
Also what year rr fairings are you using? I have a chance for a realy good deal on a front and the two lowers and I'm curious if I should pull the trigger or not.
Thanks

Old 03-24-2013, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by gtcole
Glad you got it fixed. I'm having an issue with broken bolts from the po everywhere. Just in case it happens to me, how did you end up getting it out? An extraction set or drilling?
Also what year rr fairings are you using? I have a chance for a realy good deal on a front and the two lowers and I'm curious if I should pull the trigger or not.
Thanks
I ended up using a flathead screwdriver and a hammer and tapped it till it came out. Good thing was I had put WD-40 on the bolt and maybe thats why I had no trouble doing it. I have done both the extraction setup and the drilling, to me drilling is the easiest, the extractor is a bit harder and more time consuming than drilling it out.

The fairings I have are for an 04 1000rr, but the 05 should be the same. I havent found something thats really hard to custom make for the things to fit, imo it gives it a better look aswell. The cbr f2 still looks good to me, but I've always liked the divided seat style rather than a single, and also the headlight is now better at night, my f2's was in really bad condition.

Last edited by campos_motorsports; 04-09-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:00 AM
Welcome Crew

Thank for the info. I usually use the drill method myself, but being where your issue was I was unsure if that was the best way to go.

The fairings I found are for a 04, they look like they would work with the usual bracket modifications but I wasnt sure. Now I'll look at them more seriously. Thanks for the quick response, look forward to seeing more progress.

Quick Reply: My CBR f2 project/1000rr conversion: official