CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

My 93 F2 project begins!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by richbransby
Do you mind me asking how much it cost you to get it done????

I need to really. I'd rather get it done properly
A company in crediton, devon, called CS engineering. it cost me £85 for my frame. all done within 5 days. they have just taken on my wheels now to blast and spray! (recomended)

Old 01-31-2013, 04:08 PM

So they blasted and powder coated for £85. That's cheap!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:57 AM

Thinking of buying this.... Thoughts ????

eBay item number as I'm on my iPad and can't copy a direct link. 150989016919

Old 02-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you looking at swapping it in as a replacement frame? Don't know the rules on registering a frame with no paperwork, but Sounds like this frame can't be registered easily at best.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:30 AM

Ok guys, small update.
Things are moving alot slower than i thought they would which is annoying, Im currently moving house again, which becoming hellishly expensive but its all due to the bike.
Ive specifically got a new place with a double garage. After the 11th of march I will have room for this project bike to properly work on her, and on a race bike im going to bike, more info to follow.

For now though, ive taken delivery of these.
1995 front forks
Name:  IMG_5641_zpsb77c6419.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  69.6 KB
Name:  IMG_5642_zps99429772.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  67.0 KB

As you can see. Dust seals are shot to bits, and there is light misting on one of them from the oil. So i want to change the seals, and get them in stalled.
Here in lie's the problem.

1st being, these are obviously 1995 so F3 forks, Will these fit directly on to my bike?? as in, take mine off, put these on, and its done, or as i THINK you will say, ( from reading another posts) that I will have to use the lower parts of my F2 forks, and install the tops off these F3's????? or fit an F3 wheel also???

2nd being, I do not want to pay the garage £148 + Vat to change my seals as they have quoted, thats more than 200 bucks!!

I have searched and searched for a detaiuled thread on replacing the seals, but i cant seem to find one, i have a Haynes manual, will that be enough to walk me through it, or is there a thread already showing me what i need to know???

Ive done my home work, and I will be ordering OEM Seals so's as no to have to do it again.

Any help you can provide will be MUCHLY appreciated.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:54 PM

If you haven't already read it, this thread is a sticky in the F2 tech section and should be a lot of help with what you can do with those F3 forks...

https://cbrforum.com/forum/f2-tech-9...-answer-83285/

Old 02-27-2013, 04:28 PM

Thanks. Ordered two sets of seals, will replacing both in both sets of forks and keeping the others as spare.

Took the bike out for a ride tonight... All sorts going on I don't like.
Getting tremendous vibrations through the rear brake pedal when using it.
The clutch lever is getting so heavy I'm physically getting wrist and arm ache.

And the engine it's self! Jeeez! It's like it's made of old bolts and nails rolling around in a bucket!!! Terrible throttle bogging in every gear, in various stages of the rev range. And the whole engine seems to be vibrating and crunching in lower revs.
I'm no mechanic. And I don't fully understand how it works but its gone so sluggish, I dunno, it literally feels like the engine is falling apart and bouncing around in the casing /:

Eurgh!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:30 PM

Also, I can not for the life of me get it over 115.

I've raced bikes. I know how to handle a bike yknow, it just won't do it!

Old 03-24-2013, 03:55 PM

Ok so, been a while and had lots going on so heres a nice quick rundown with pictures to go with.

1. Moved house and found the garage FULL of crap, so that needed cleaning out, I painted it, wired it up so it had lights and power, and thought sod it, I love my bike so its getting carpeted as well!

2. had alot going on with the house so after that the bike sat there till today.

3. Got alot of the bike striped down, all the plastics have been removed, as has the tank, the gauges and the rear light cluster.

Problems -
1, whilst riding the bike to the new house, the exhaust EXPLODED, and I mean, exploded aha, you'll understand when you see the photos.
2, the down pipes are split I think, Ill upload a few photos of the area I mean and theres movement between the welds... can I get them re-welded or do I need new downpipes?
3, the rust is catastrophic all over the bike.
4, the brakes are binding, front and back.
5, the wiring harness needs to be replaced, its been cut and messed with so much im sure its unsafe.

What I want to do now, is carry on taking it apart, I want to strip it right down and get the frame powder coated, but im unsure of what to do next?? should i do the forks? in which case how/where/ what do I do to keep it from falling over??? bricks under the block? tie it to the roof??
Also, anything you guys notice in the photo's that needs attention or replacing, please, point out for me!

Oh, Also, i ordered some new fork seals, please notice the sticker on the back... telling me that i cant use them?! aha any ideas?

Old 03-24-2013, 03:57 PM

Ok so, been a while and had lots going on so heres a nice quick rundown with pictures to go with.

1. Moved house and found the garage FULL of crap, so that needed cleaning out, I painted it, wired it up so it had lights and power, and thought sod it, I love my bike so its getting carpeted as well!

2. had alot going on with the house so after that the bike sat there till today.

3. Got alot of the bike striped down, all the plastics have been removed, as has the tank, the gauges and the rear light cluster.

Problems -
1, whilst riding the bike to the new house, the exhaust EXPLODED, and I mean, exploded aha, you'll understand when you see the photos.
2, the down pipes are split I think, Ill upload a few photos of the area I mean and theres movement between the welds... can I get them re-welded or do I need new downpipes?
3, the rust is catastrophic all over the bike.
4, the brakes are binding, front and back.
5, the wiring harness needs to be replaced, its been cut and messed with so much im sure its unsafe.

What I want to do now, is carry on taking it apart, I want to strip it right down and get the frame powder coated, but im unsure of what to do next?? should i do the forks? in which case how/where/ what do I do to keep it from falling over??? bricks under the block? tie it to the roof??
Also, anything you guys notice in the photo's that needs attention or replacing, please, point out for me!

Oh, Also, i ordered some new fork seals, please notice the sticker on the back... telling me that i cant use them?! aha any ideas?

Quick Reply: My 93 F2 project begins!