CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

It's freaking cold here

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy It's freaking cold here

I live in upper Minnesota, just outside Duluth, the recent daytime highs are about 40F. I have found that as good a tire as the BT016 is, it takes forever to warm up at these temps and cools back down in the time it takes for a red light to go green. I also believe I may be experiencing carb icing issues, since the F2 (or any bike I assume) has no provisions for carb heat. I actually had to pull over and shut the motor down and let the carbs heat soak for 5 minutes the other day, fun in the middle of BFE. Just a little rant about how I hate all of you still riding comfortably in *cold* weather. It was 31F when I got home the other night, off the freeway..... at 80+MPH.... All I could think was FIREPLACE! I fear snow will come and stay soon, then no more bike till next year :_(

Old 11-06-2010, 09:50 PM

Chilly, but still pretty warm here in Daytona. Low is about 44 tonight and it will hike back up to the 50's later this week. It will be fun to try and ride when i take the bike up to Atlanta though haha.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by FLspeedracer
Chilly, but still pretty warm here in Daytona. Low is about 44 tonight and it will hike back up to the 50's later this week. It will be fun to try and ride when i take the bike up to Atlanta though haha.
Good job man! most of the rider's in washington state do not even bother riding in rain or winter. I am the only guy on the road but when I see a fellow rider i get goosebumps!

Old 11-06-2010, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by superlund
Good job man! most of the rider's in washington state do not even bother riding in rain or winter. I am the only guy on the road but when I see a fellow rider i get goosebumps!
Riding in rain and in winter separates the ***** from the chaff haha. Kidding, but I don't let stuff like rain and winter stop me from riding as long as I feel safe driving.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by FLspeedracer
Riding in rain and in winter separates the ***** from the chaff haha. Kidding, but I don't let stuff like rain and winter stop me from riding as long as I feel safe driving.
Thanks man I wanted to say that for soo long but i didnt wanted any haters lol

Old 11-07-2010, 12:33 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2 words: Black Ice

If the overnight temps drop below freezing (or if there's a frost advisory), I don't ride in the morning. I can handle cold tires. But not slick crap I don't even see

Old 11-07-2010, 01:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here in Indy it also is cold as ****. Cold tire and cold street don't mix. Total a car in 35 degree weather. Time to rebuild my bike totally, new forks and motor!

Old 11-07-2010, 02:22 AM

Yeah black ice can change your program in a snap. That's why i would never really ride at night during the winter so I can at least see whats coming up on the road. That and the temperature drops waaaay down. We were in the single digits last year for a while. During the day its around low 50's and I think that's pretty safe to ride.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
2 words: Black Ice

If the overnight temps drop below freezing (or if there's a frost advisory), I don't ride in the morning. I can handle cold tires. But not slick crap I don't even see

+1. I wont ride in the morn if the overnight temps were low, read any morning from now until june ish. Black Ice is my biggest concern, rain on the otherhand........ If rain keeps you off your bike, SELL IT! I am not that sweet, a little rain wont cause me to melt. Living right on Lake Superior we get what they call "lake effect", means we get about 3x the precip than everywhere else in the area both in the winter and summer.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by super60daytona
+1. I wont ride in the morn if the overnight temps were low, read any morning from now until june ish. Black Ice is my biggest concern, rain on the otherhand........ If rain keeps you off your bike, SELL IT! I am not that sweet, a little rain wont cause me to melt. Living right on Lake Superior we get what they call "lake effect", means we get about 3x the precip than everywhere else in the area both in the winter and summer.
Down here in daytona during the summer the humidity from the tropical weather causes it to sometimes go from clear skies to downpours back to clear skies about 2 or 3 times a day, so you learn to get used to being wet haha.