what to expect at riding class

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what to expect at riding class

I don't think anyone here wants to hurt your feelings or disrespect you. I feel sometimes some of the guys on here can be harsh; but you have to understand as a biking cummunity we generally care about what happens to one another. I started on the CBR 900RR back in 1993 and I was just fine, but let me be the first to tell you I was one of the few lucky ones that didn't get kick in the B*lls by this bike. Not because of skills but pure fear of the beast at that time. Had I started with a smaller bike I think I would have learn a lot more sooner because I would be able to focus more on learning and not surviving. But you can definitely tame the beast with ton of respect.Good luck and be safe.
ORIGINAL: eddieb

i guess you are right, being a 20 year vet and everything. i have had this itch for about 6 years now and i can finally scratch it. i guess a smaller bike would be cool for somebody else. i dont think people should be discouraged from starting out on a bigger bike. i know its a monster, but i will be spending a lot of time in empty parking lots for a while.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: eddieb

i will be signing up for the MSF riding course, i was wondering what to expect when i get there. i have always wanted to have a bike, and now i have an 06 1000 as my first.
Expect to ride in any weather so be prepared. Bring some rain gear if you think it might rain. You don't need anything special, the cheap Walmart or sporting goods store rain suit is fine. You will spend alot of time on the bike outdoors so bring whatever gear you might need to be comfortable. It makes for a real ****ty day sitting in rain/snow/100 degree sun/ what ever your weather is where you live for hours at a time.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:42 AM

The MSF course will give you the basics and really good safety advice.I took a MSF course and immediatley purchased a CBR 1000 as my first bike. I am satisfied with my choice. Everyone will havedifferent opinions based on their experineces. At the end of the day, you should just be concerned with having the best and safest experience possible. Take Care.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:09 AM

i think i will learn a lot and have a good time as well. i will be taking the course in cali, hoping i can skip the riding test at the dmv. i drive a truck for a living so i have to get this done asap. take care