Questions on the 07 1000rr

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on the 07 1000rr

Hi everyone i am a new member to this forum, also a member of the crfsonly forum so I am sure everyone here is as helpful as everyone on that forum. First things first i never owned or road a street bike before in my life, only road an raced dirtbikes. Some people i know with thousands say they are crazy fast. So i bought bran new 07 cbr 1000rr road it home and babied it till a thousand miles. Just recently i have been getting on it and it doesnt seem fast. When i am at 8k rpm and i just smack the throtlle it doesnt even stand up top speed in second around 105. Does that seem right to anyone? My friend with and 04 r1 with 11k+ miles on it says if he is at 8k rpm and he cracks on the throttle it will stand right up, no clutch anything. Now im not even a huge fan of wheelies but it just doesnt make any sense because eveyone always told me it was damn near impossible to keep the front tires down when hitting red through your gears on a 1000. So is there something wrong with my bike or is it just me? Also the motor does seem to sound like its running really smooth at idle, like a bran new bike should.

Any help or opinions is apreciated,
Andre

Old 09-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Default RE: Questions on the 07 1000rr

probably just you since you are not an experienced road rider. in second you usually have to "bounce" it to get it up.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:42 AM

there is a lot more to it than just gears. I know a guy who has a 900RR that will wheelie in 4 gears with just throttle.... but my bike will absolutely smoke his bike and only get up in first and second with gas. The reason is his second, third and fourth gear are closer to first gear than mine. Also, his initial 1st gear is relatively short. he hits his red line a lot sooner than I do in first. the distribution of weight of the bike plays a big role in this too.

Every bike is set up different. The 1000RR's are set up to rider friendly. When compared to other liter bikes, the RR is easy to ride fast on. Their handling is so neutral, they almost ride themselves. these bikes are hard to upset while riding. Your friends R1 is an easy bike to upset. Just ride his through some twisties and move around a bit... His bike will be all over the place. theRR, stays put. The RR's also tend to put power to the ground.... meaning you can lay more throttle and the front end stays down. Drag race him some time and watch as his front end is rising....your pulling away.

If you want your bike to wheelie at will. drop one tooth in the front and go 2 up in the rear. Or, if you really want a bike that will wheelie... get a ZX-10.. but again, your giving up handling for wheelies.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:20 AM

dude just try slipping the clutch..thats what i do..comes up no problem

Old 09-03-2008, 09:49 AM

Hey guys thanks for the help. I am just real **** when it comes to my bikes and i was just making sure there wasnt somethine wrong with my bike. But also the front tire is tweaked a little bit. I bought this bike bran new and have already had it back at the dealer ship twice for minor problems too much oil in bike and this light keep coming on when first got it and now the tire is tweaked.I didnt hit any pot holes or curbs etc so i just dont understand when i am riding and i stand up and look over thefront of the bikemy tire is not alined with the rest of the bike and when ilook at my bars they are turned to the right. So idn should i beconcerned maybe i got a bad bike or arethese just minor assemlelyprolems.

Thank you,
Andre

Old 09-03-2008, 03:18 PM

Your wheel shouldnt be tweaked at all. I'm not sure if your just seeing an optical allusion or what.. if I look over my bike, the wheel is aligned with the rest of the bike. In fact, if it wasnt, the bike wouldnt be going straight, so it must be an allusion. there really isnt any way that the wheel can be tweaked when compared to the handlebars. The clip-ons bolt on inplace, they are not adjustable to one side or the other. so unless your bike took a heavy spill and bent the clipons.. they can't be unaligned. The only thing that could really be throwing that off is if the body work is not correct, or your fairing stay bracket is bent and has shifted the whole upperfairing to one side.

Or, your rear tire is terribly mis aligned. This would cause your front tire to overcompensate for the rear. Meaning, your bike is going down the road sideways. Check your rear tire alignment. use the swing arm marks on the side of the swing arm to make sure they are both the same. seeing that the bike was overfilled with oil, I would guess they could have messed that part up too.

What light was coming on?

Old 09-05-2008, 02:47 PM

well the front tire isn't aligned with the rest of the bike an its not a illusion something must seriously just be wrong with this bike and I am really not happy, this was the reason i bought a new bike because i did not want stupid little problems, and the round red circle light the system malfunctions light. And the back tire is fine both sides are at same notches. So basically i feel like everyone working at east coast is mechanically inclined. Should i be upset with this i mean its suppose to be a bran new bike and not have problems like this

Old 09-06-2008, 02:15 AM

I really cant think of anything that would make the front tire mis-aligned with the handlebars, other than something bent. I guess its always possible the bike had crate damage and they didnt catch somthing.

When the dealership uncrates the bike, they really don't do too much to it. For the most part, the bike is put together at the factory. its mainly cleaning and topping off fluids. they put on a few components, but things like suspension and wheels, they are already on.

Does the dealership see the wheel not aligned??

what do they say about it?

what do they say about the light?

But yeah, if the wheel is really off like you say it is,.... I'd be pissed. even the malfunction light I'd be pissed about. Im not sure I'd be pissed at the dealership. They should have caught it, but if its not something they look for...

How pissed I got would greatly depend on how the dealership handles it from here. But the bike would be back there right away. i wouldnt make an appointment, I'd show up with the bike and ask the manager to come look at it. If its really obvious, he or she may have a mechanic look at right then.

Seeing that you just bought the bike, they should make it a priority over other bikes in the shop.. they probably wont, but they should.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:12 PM

Yeah well i called them up and set up and appointment for monday so i guess time will tell. . ill keep you posted on how they handle it thanks for the help

Old 09-08-2008, 05:33 PM

I took the bike to the dealer ship they looked at said they tweaked it i got back on the road and it was worse. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP. I am getting so annoyed with all this i really don't know what to do.