2006 1000rr slip on questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 1000rr slip on questions

hello all i recently purchased the scorpion slip on. The slip on made alot of difference down low in the rpms range. and also up high. As of 2 weeks ago replaced scorpion with dual d&d slip on. Very loud sounds sweet but missing low end torque. Also nike idles like as if i am running a hard core cam in it. Not running bad just idles funny. Wondering if a power commander would help my situation. They are like 300 dollars so im not sure. Any opinions would be great. Should i put 300 dollars into power cammander and see what happens or just put scorpion back on and get full power. Anyone have any of theese systems and could tell me what you think of them and what you possibly did. Power commander ways or not. Thyankyou for your input..

Old 07-06-2009, 05:28 PM

come on guys have had 11 views and nobody has an answer or opinion. Wow you must need to post a stupid question in this forum to get answers. I know more of yall are running power commanders with exhausts. I will just take my problems elsewhere where i can get real answers. CBR forum whatever. i was better asking about my honda in the yamaha forum.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:26 AM
June 2009 ROTM

+ flapper mod + PC and dyno tune

Last edited by WhiteKnite; 07-08-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:29 AM

i have already done flapper mod and the pair mod to my bike. Just being the two different exhaust are making the bike run so much different. Scorpion no problems in low end or top end. D&D now horrible low end but have high end. Very strange. And the idle from d&d is like im running a cam. was ideling fine with the scorpion slip on. I just dont think 300 dollar power commander will help this. Has to be a problem with D&D design with the dual cans. Anymore input would be greatly appreciated..

Old 07-08-2009, 10:15 AM
June 2009 ROTM

A power commander is still worth it. It will improve the fueling, we just don't know how much yet. I mention google because you need to look into what kind of gains other people are getting with your same setup, and take a listen on youtube to see if your bike sounds like others running that setup.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:02 AM

thanks for the input whiteknite. i will look into it. We have a local bike night coming up in august at the track and hopefully i can find out what is goin on there after i install a power commander or the bazzaz performance. havent decided yet. Bazzaz seems awesome but havent had to many reviews but still very pricey. If i am going to pay 300 for a power commander i can shell out more for a bazzaz performance controler. Have to look in to it more thanks again.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:35 AM

Just make sure that you tune the bike after you install. Like White knight had talked about in an earlier post, it is a bit of a waste if you have a power comander and it is not tunned to your specific needs. But from what I have read a PC should do you good.(my 0.02) which is not really even worth that much. Good luck, hope whatever you decide to go with works well for you.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Default here you go

the answers in here suck, a power commander can only help and no one here has even said anything about the auto tune, pcV they have a auto tune, meaning you dont need to take it to a dyno and tune ect. If anything if you are worried about hp but dont want to spend the cash get a two brothers juice box because they are cheaper then the new pcV auto tune, but still need no tune or computer to map your bike with mods you add. I dont even own a honda anymore and could answer any question you need. Some of these answers in here say google haha, what a joke

Old 07-15-2009, 01:35 AM
June 2009 ROTM

Originally Posted by abprep07
the answers in here suck, a power commander can only help and no one here has even said anything about the auto tune, pcV they have a auto tune, meaning you dont need to take it to a dyno and tune ect. If anything if you are worried about hp but dont want to spend the cash get a two brothers juice box because they are cheaper then the new pcV auto tune, but still need no tune or computer to map your bike with mods you add. I dont even own a honda anymore and could answer any question you need. Some of these answers in here say google haha, what a joke
No wonder you couldn't figure out how to make power out of your '08.

Yeah, our answers suck... Power commander 5 isn't compatible with the 2006 bike. The Juice Box is nice and simple, but the PC has much more versatility. For the minimal price difference you get a far better product if you go with a Power Commander. PCIII with Dyno tune will give the best result. Sure a juice box might help his issue as well, but its only real advantage over a PCIII with a downloaded map is $20 and you don't need a computer to use it... and I'm assuming he has and knows how to use a computer if he is on an internet forum.

The reason I told him to google is because he could have easily researched his original question, until he elaborated in his next post.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:02 AM

when your honda can pull 176hp to the rear wheel and run a 9.44 at 147mph on a 1/4 mile talk to me.

Quick Reply: 2006 1000rr slip on questions