Just bought a 1000rr, some newb questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a 1000rr, some newb questions

Thanks in advance

1. How do I remove the main seat?

2. The bike came with an Arrow exhaust and a bracket that has 'RR' on it (not sure if this is stock), anyways, it seems it wouldnt be too hard to make a little L bracket to hold my license plate, has anyone done with this and some advise/pics with that bracket I mentioned?

3. How do I adjust the time on the cluster

4. How do I adjust the shifter pedal

5. After reading about lower fairings melting, Im going to get some heat tape, but any how tos on removing the lower fairing and possibly the mid as well

6. Regarding the headlights, it seems (maybe Im wrong) that the high beams just turns on the 2nd lamp but it doesnt seem pointed higher. Maybe the guy did this to simulate both on as day lights? Anyways, is this normal or what?

7. What are a few of the better vendors for good deals on stuff like windscreen, frame sliders, exhaust, etc? I wanna start looking into this stuff.

8. Does the cluster have the VIN on it by the way? If I have the fairings off, want to be sure it wasnt swapped.

Thanks guys!

Old 08-04-2009, 12:01 PM

I see you're in multiple forums. .... I would suggest posting back that you got the answers you needed already. My 2 cents!!! Just a common courtesy!! And maybe ppl here want to see pics too!!! LOL .... j/k .... I'm no moderator but I know ppl won't respond when you really do need something ...so again my 2 cents!

Old 08-04-2009, 03:59 PM

did that thing come with an owners manual? that will have the answer to almost every question you could come up with.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:02 PM

no unfortunately not. is there a pdf link somewhere? thanks!

Old 08-04-2009, 10:48 PM

We can answer all of these questions for you... but first please atleast tell us what year you have...

Old 08-05-2009, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by rellimdekim
We can answer all of these questions for you... but first please atleast tell us what year you have...
ahhhh, since when is that important. every year is exactly the same. your soooo picky.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:41 PM
June 2009 ROTM

Originally Posted by RoachForLife
Thanks in advance
5. After reading about lower fairings melting, Im going to get some heat tape, but any how tos on removing the lower fairing and possibly the mid as well

6. Regarding the headlights, it seems (maybe Im wrong) that the high beams just turns on the 2nd lamp but it doesnt seem pointed higher. Maybe the guy did this to simulate both on as day lights? Anyways, is this normal or what?

7. What are a few of the better vendors for good deals on stuff like windscreen, frame sliders, exhaust, etc? I wanna start looking into this stuff.
5. AFAIK thats only a problem on those cheap Chinese fairings.

6. Some people do adjust them or mod them so they can keep both lights on and sacrifice brights to get rid of the headlight-out look. Its possible that was done to yours.

7. www.superbikesupply.com is great for parts but the selection can be a bit small at times. I also had a great experience ordering sprockets from www.sprocketcenter.com. Both are great and helpful, friendly people best to talk to on the phone.

For the rrest of your questions take a look around these forums and you can find a thread with both the user's manual and repair manual.