No brake light

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No brake light

My rear brake light isn't working, but the tail light is constantly on. It is integrated and both turn signals also work. It seems pretty brite, maybe the brake light is constantly on and thats why it isn't working? What would cause this(a fuse?). Also, some work just had to be done to my bike, new front rim so the brakes and all were obviously taken off...would putting them back on trip anything to keep the brake light constintaly on? Help is very much appreciated!

Old 08-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Default RE: No brake light

Hey vipercwf, I dont believe the front rim comming off would have anything to do with the light staying on. If you think that the brake light is stuck on, you can tell by unhooking each switch seperately. The wire connections are on the bottom of the front brake lever, and on the foot brake, on the front heading towards the lower fairing. It seems as though ive read somewheres on here before about peoples rear brake switchs not being adjusted right, so maybe you should start with that. Hope everything works out for you.

Old 08-22-2006, 03:14 AM

there's an adjustment piece (twist type) near the foot brake. that more than likely needs to be adjusted.

Old 09-02-2006, 04:22 AM

CHECK THAT LITTLE PLUG UP FRONT ON THE LEVER TO MAKE SURE YOUR BRAKE LIGHT SENSOR IS PLUGGED IN TIGHTLY

ALSO CHECK IT ON YOUR REAR MASTER CYLINDER MAYBE THEY WERE BOTH DISCONNECTED

Old 09-02-2006, 06:33 PM

I just adjusted my rear break light switch and was wondering if there is supose to be anything to keep the adjustment in place? It seemed easy to turn the little twist thing. Real easy like the vibration of the bike could just loosin it up again. I didnt start this thread but thanks for the info.

Old 09-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The light should come on with either brake applied. If both fail to light the light, I would pull the connection off of the brake light and check that you are getting voltage there when the brake is applied. If you think that is the case make sure its not one of the turn signal/ marker lights because they should be always on.

If you have voltage all the time it could be a stuck switch or short somewhere.

If you have voltage there (brake on)then your issue is the light.

If you don't have voltage (brake on) then your issue is some where in the circuit. Then you can look at the fuse or check for volatge at each switch.

The following users liked this post:
2012CBR (05-21-2023)
Old 09-03-2006, 01:27 AM

ORIGINAL: vipercwf

My rear brake light isn't working, but the tail light is constantly on. It is integrated and both turn signals also work. It seems pretty brite, maybe the brake light is constantly on and thats why it isn't working? What would cause this(a fuse?). Also, some work just had to be done to my bike, new front rim so the brakes and all were obviously taken off...would putting them back on trip anything to keep the brake light constintaly on? Help is very much appreciated!

Check your wiring. Sounds like you switched the wire for the running light and the wire for the brake light.