Just bought an 08 CBR 1000RR, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 03:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey no problem felon, and yes I had looked into frame sliders, I found some no-cut ones, I forget who makes them but they are on Ebay. I'm just not sure how the quality compares to regular sliders. If I go with regular ones, Ill more than likely end up getting the Shogun ones.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:47 AM

a few years ago i flipped a bike down the street.. the entire weight of the bike landed on one frame slider, peg and a clip-on... it hit so hard that it deformed the slider puck, bent a clip-on and pointed my peg straight at the ground, didnt break, just bent.. ****ing crazy.. i want no cut frame sliders but this memory keeps me from trusting them at all.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Big McLargeHuge RR
as for the evotech though, i was gonna get a tail light with integrated turn signals more than likely.
Here's a Competition Werkes FE with different style turn signals on a candy apple red bike. I saw it at the dealer the day I bought mine. I almost bought that kit except I started wondering about any safety issues with not being able to see both signals at the same time if you were viewing the back end from an angle. The license plate bracket seems a bit thin, too.

The main thing with that kit is you cannot return everything to stock form because you have to cut out the stock turn signal/license plate tree and put that metal plate that you see in the second pic over the hole.

Name:  PC050188.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  102.9 KB

Name:  PC050186.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  94.4 KB

Last edited by RoadiJeff; 03-08-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Felon_Monk
RoadiJeff: What kind of Frame Sliders are those?
Those are Woodcraft frame sliders. I've since added Motovation front and rear axle sliders.

Name:  P1020314.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  88.4 KB

Old 03-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Registered Users

okay i havent really read through all the repsonses but i can give you my advice. (BTW, where in Iraq were you? I have two tours over there, OIF I and III) I haven an 09 repsol and based on the three things you want to do with exhaust, tires, and a fuel system, this is what i did. I have bridgestone battlax BT016's They are a triple compound tire so the middle is pretty hard and long lasting whereas the outers are softer rubber to give you better grip when leaned over. the Michelins are great but from i what ive heard (never riden them myself) they dont last long because they are more a track tire. check out pirelli angels, supposedly they last FOREVER. like 130mph+ for 5000miles or somethign rediculous. The exhaust...Taylormade for sure! two bros is crap and super loud. you will have migranes before you get a mile down the road. two bros is cheap for a reason, they make a standard can for every bike then adjust the inlet pipe once the bike hits the street, they dont do R&D at all. Since a slip on will give you nothing in the way of HP gains, it doesnt really matter what you get, just get the one you like the best. But the taylormade looks the best, streamlines the bike better than anythign else, and has a nice deep guttoral growl to it. the fuel system i went with was the bazzaz z-fi. same price point as a PCIII or a PCV but is much much more tuneable than a PC. with a slip on and a fuel system the bike will have crisper throttle response but its not gonna take off on you.

now as for a good mod that will make the bike COMPLETELY different, get some BST rims. they are costly, but you have all that deployment money. they are hands down the biggest difference you can make in the bike and actually feel the difference.

oh and i forgot, the FE kit....I have a hotbodies and am happy with it. check out taylormades FE kit and rizoma makes a carbon fiber one thats pretty nice.

Last edited by Repsol12; 03-22-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:44 PM

well you seem to have alot of good ideas to work with. i just got back from my 4th trip to the sandbox in nov and my 2 cents would be to wait till youre home and ride around a bit so you can see what the guys in your area are runnin. you might see stuff you like, and more important to me, what everyone else has already played out. if youre like me youll want your bike to be different and it would suck to order everything now and get home to find out you built a twin. lol.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Default i too just bought 08 1000rr

Bought my bike last July. It's my first. Would have bought something smaller, but knew I would want to step up soon after.so decided to start at the top. So far I put on two brothers titanium (great sound ) hot bodies undertail,seat cowl, 6 shooter bar ends,foot pegs, spools,levers.the frame sliders are another story.too much work.sad.looking to put some pig spotters on and replace screen. The list goes on. Anyone with experience installing frame slider on 08 1000--PLEASE give input!

Old 04-20-2010, 07:12 PM

These are the mods I went with for my 08:

TM with clear-coated shield, Michelin Power Pures, PCV, Autotune, IRC, Woodcraft sliders, R&G Tail Tidy, Helibars, Spider grips, Motovation Fork & Rear Axles Sliders, Speigler brake lines, Galfer HH pads, Vortex adjustable rearsets, GIPRO-DS gear indicator, -1/+2 520 kit w/ DID erv-3, Speedohealer, Scorpio sr-i900 alarm, Custom LED integrated tail, DDM 55w 6000k HIDs, Tripage delay relay, Stompgrip, R6 1/6 throttle tube, *** radiator guard, Headers ceramic coated, Driven wave rotors, Honda E-seat/ seat cowl/ hugger, Pazzo levers, Rizoma Zero-11 turn signals, Throttlemeisters, Pair block off plates, BMC Race filter, HRC tank pad/ cap cover, Carbon yoke protector, Frame plugs, Carbon swingarm heel guards, HRC brake reservoir covers, & Engine Ice coolant.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by 1stbikecbr1000
the frame sliders are another story.too much work.sad.looking to put some pig spotters on and replace screen. The list goes on. Anyone with experience installing frame slider on 08 1000--PLEASE give input!
In addition to the frame slider install info that I sent you a PM on, one of the more easily installed protection mods to add is a radiator guard. ProMed mentioned it in his list. I've read several posts recently where a rock has damaged the unprotected stock radiator and it cost the owner hundreds of dollars to replace it.

A *** radiator guard can be bought for around $70 and takes just a few minutes to install. You don't have to remove any fairings or anything to install it. I recently added one to my 08 CBR1000RR.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:54 PM

Have you got the pig spotters yet, toying with the idea of the pig spotters or block offs and can't find pics of either one on an 08