Just bought an 08 CBR 1000RR, any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 04:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Just bought an 08 CBR 1000RR, any suggestions?

So, I just bought this bike yesterday, however I cant ride it for 2 months due to being in Iraq at the moment. I figured I would ask all of you 1000RR gurus for suggestions as far as where to get the aftermarket parts at the best prices. Really, all I want to do for now is upgrade to a couple Dunlop Qualifier 2 tires, an undertail kit, a semi loud-deep toned exhaust, and maybe a power commander. Im not sure about the power commander yet, I have been riding my 02 F4i for about 2 years now, so I think I should just get used to the new power first. If any of you have any other suggestion looks/performance wise, or even general riding techniques I would be happy to read em'. Thanks fellas.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look at a diff tire

List looks good, for exhaust I like taylormades the best, deep tone, and looks that cant be beat.

the rest there are numerous online stores you can get stuff. And your local shop can always order parts for you too.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:24 PM

I like the two bros exhaust sound on these bikes, a PCIII isn't going to give so ALOT more power just maybe 1 hp or 2, it it will make throttle responce better, and give you some torque too, you will barey be able to notice it. so go for it.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:46 PM

i originally put the 2bros on my 08 and it sounded fan-fukcing-tastic. however, i switched to the Taylormade because it looks the cats ****. sound is pretty decent as well. kinda sounds like a v4.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:47 PM

So playful god, what tires would you recommend? I always used the dunlop Q1's on my F4i, I liked them a lot. I thought those and the michelin pilot power tires were pretty good. I just looked up the taylormade exhaust... that thing is wayy expensive, any ideas where to get a cheaper one?

Old 03-06-2010, 05:56 PM

I like the Michelins myself, running the 2CTs now Yea the Taylormade isnt cheap by no means, but dayum it looks good lol. Seen one today with a Yoshi on it and it didnt look bad, just not as good as the Taylor made. And nope not seen em cheaper anywhere

Old 03-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Big McLargeHuge RR
If any of you have any other suggestion looks/performance wise, or even general riding techniques I would be happy to read em'.
You already mentioned several suggestions I would have made. I've done a few things to my 08 since I bought it back in December. One of my latest upgrades that I really like is a Healtech GIpro gear indicator. No more phantom 7th gear shifts and it looks like it came with the bike from the factory.

One other thing I'm planning on getting soon is a Healtech Speedohealer. The stock speedometer is off by approximately 6.7% (reads too high) and that's too much deviation for me.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:21 PM

Michelin PP are good tires, I love em on my 954.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
You already mentioned several suggestions I would have made. I've done a few things to my 08 since I bought it back in December. One of my latest upgrades that I really like is a Healtech GIpro gear indicator. No more phantom 7th gear shifts and it looks like it came with the bike from the factory.

One other thing I'm planning on getting soon is a Healtech Speedohealer. The stock speedometer is off by approximately 6.7% (reads too high) and that's too much deviation for me.
better to read to high than too low!!

Old 03-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Default Welcome and Thank You!

First of all, a big thank you to you and your fellow service members. I picked up an '08 the week of Christmas. I have been looking at every accessory in the book. Full exhaust vs. slip-on, rear seat cowl and new seat or new double bubble wind screen and rear tire hugger....too many options. I wish you luck with your ride and a safe return. Stay low and eyes on the move. Later, JD

Quick Reply: Just bought an 08 CBR 1000RR, any suggestions?