New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New to forum. Just bought first street bike.Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forum. Just bought first street bike.Any suggestions?

I just bought a Honda CBR600 F4I. Iv owned a few dirt bikes but no street bikes. Im only familiar with 2 stroke parts and automotive/diesel performance. So far the first mods I want to do are carbon fiber muffler(just the carbon fiber look), K&N filter, those plastic sliders that go on the sides, and new handle bar ends. Other than that I dont really know what to do. I like fixin up anything with a motor and nothing is ever fast enough.

Old 12-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Default RE: New to forum. Just bought first street bike.Any suggestions?

Hello and welcome to the boards. Congrats on your first street bike. It sounds like you have some good dirt riding experience. However I will caution you, riding a street bike is totally different then riding on dirt. Before you do anything, sign up for your local MSF class. Take some time and learn how to handle and control the bike. There are a few things you can do to add more power, but wait 6 months or more. Learn how to truly ride the bike, then worry about adding power. You didn't say anything about it, but if you haven't gotten any, get some good gear. A good helmet, a riding jacket with armor, gloves, and some good boots. They can save your life. Good luck and post some pics of the bike.

Old 12-29-2004, 08:10 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya, ditto on what Neon said. Enjoy that new bad boy and post some pics. As far as power adders, hmmmmm, NOS or turbo kit is the ultimate in adding power but can be $$$$$$. Just make sure you can cash the checks the motor can write

Old 12-29-2004, 11:24 PM

Im gonna take some pics of it and my car ( they match) tomorrow. My fiance and I bought the bike and Im teaching her the basic's of riding. Where both planning on taking a class in 2 weeks. Im thinking about some performance work but the locals i talk to all say that just do some outside stuff to make it look cool and when your ready get a bigger bike. I think were just gonna focus on some look good stuff for awhile. Maybe a slip on or something but thats it for now. Thanks for the reply's. Ill post some pics of it tomorrow.

Old 12-29-2004, 11:25 PM

oh yeah and we both bought riding jackets and helmets. Were planning on getting some gloves and boots here shortly.

Old 12-30-2004, 12:54 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You sound like ya got all the bases covered. Cool ...

Old 12-31-2004, 04:41 AM

If you are unfamiliar with the streetbike scene, take extra care when first riding the bike, it does not handle like a dirtbike since there is very little leverage at the bars, and most, not all, dirtbike riders that first ride a sportbike are totally unprepared for the speed a sportbike can build and how quickly it does so. At least you sound like you are taking the cautious first steps, so that is great. I tell all newbie riders to ride the bike but aproach the limits of yourself and bike slowly...good luck and hope you and your fiancee will enjoy the bike for a long time to come

Old 11-27-2005, 08:22 PM

Howdy , welcome to the forums

Better late than never