bad vibration past 6k rpm

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad vibration past 6k rpm

im going to tell you the problem before i get into the story and symptoms so you'll know and not have to read it all. the clutch basket broke on my 06 yes 06 not 08 .here is the story well i was looking for some threads on this subject and couldnt find any when i came about this problem im haveing. here is the story i was accelerating heavily in first gear and shifted hard to second as i shifted i heard a loud pop this surprised me well when the bike came back down from a mild wheelie it had a heavy vibration in it. being dumbfounded i thought it was a wheel front or rear so i pull over and check. both front and rear are fine so i turn the bike on and rev it up, the vibration is in the motor yet there is absolutly no clicked clank tick pop nothing sounds healthy but there is a mild vibration at idle also when i rev it up above 6k whole bike (handle bars tank seat etc) vibrates horribly. so i took off the clutch cover to look around for some metal. well there was no metal in the clutch area but i was looking around and noticed part of my clutch basket was broken....tada. so i dropped the pan today and there was just two big pieces lying in the pan i have to do some more lookin around before i know if it did any more damage. also a buddy of mine has an 05 that his clutch basket shattered yesterday...kinda trendy both bikes were at approx 8000miles