Bad 1krr wreck.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad 1krr wreck.

Was talking to some fellows riders here in town (Wausu, WI). I had heard about a bad wreck but didn't know the details. These two guys I talked to are good friends with the guy who wrecked.

According to them he was doing a wheelie on his '06 blue/yellow 1krr doing around 75-80mph when a car pulled out in front of him. His bike was broke in half, and one of his legs was nowhere near him at the end of the wreck. They also said his right arm xray looked like a bunch of broken glass, he may lose that too. Insane. Can you imagine a wreck bad enough to snap a bike in two?? Nuts.

Couldn't find much more info than this.

Motorcyclist with severed leg in fair condition

Wausau Daily Herald

A 27-year-old man whose leg was severed in a motorcycle accident Saturday in Wausau remains hospitalized in Madison.

The man, Corey Clark of Wausau, is in fair condition at the University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison this morning, hospital officials said.

Clark was injured at about 10 a.m. Saturday when the motorcycle he was riding crashed into a car at the intersection of 10th and McIntosh streets.

The motorcycle crashed into the rear passenger door of the car and broke into two pieces, police said. Clark, who was wearing a helmet, was thrown from the sport bike and landed on the street.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Default RE: Bad 1krr wreck.

Damn!

Old 06-19-2007, 04:23 PM

not to sound morbid or anything....but ive heard that severed leg injuries are common with that type of sportbike crash.....i know of at least 2 sportbike wrecks in the past 5 years locally where they t-boned cars that pulled out in fron of them that severed legs....one at the hip and one mid thigh....

guess the momentum from the impact of the crash and riding position cause the body and legs to both go forward which catches the clip-on right at thigh level....

scary

Old 06-19-2007, 05:58 PM

It would be nice if people would stop talking so much on cell phones, writing on note pads, fiddling with the stereo, or reading the news paper, and just pay attention to the god damn road and stop turning in front of us!

Old 06-19-2007, 06:11 PM

Sorry for the Guy...... I know of two people also with basically the same results, one of them died though (no helmet). You can't see in front of you that good when you are doing a wheelie. Not to be funny or anything, but a couple of weeks ago I saw a guy riding a 600 with only one leg. Amazing I thought.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

not to sound morbid or anything....but ive heard that severed leg injuries are common with that type of sportbike crash.....i know of at least 2 sportbike wrecks in the past 5 years locally where they t-boned cars that pulled out in fron of them that severed legs....one at the hip and one mid thigh....

guess the momentum from the impact of the crash and riding position cause the body and legs to both go forward which catches the clip-on right at thigh level....

scary
Wolfpack,

I think I know what you were saying, but you were implying sportbikes in general, right? Not justthe 1000RR. That's some scary stuff right there regardless.

Old 06-24-2007, 03:59 PM
dsl

this might sound crazy but i think that color fireblade is just bad luck??? i always hear about bad accidents that involve that blue and yellow bike, my accident i had in december of last year wasnear thefreeway also with the same color bike, the guy ina suv made a illegal u turn crossing double yellow line so as he was turning i swerved out of his way and then he started backing up and thats when i hit him???? i dont know my lawyer and his insurance company is still going at it......

Old 06-24-2007, 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Triax

It would be nice if people would stop talking so much on cell phones, writing on note pads, fiddling with the stereo, or reading the news paper, and just pay attention to the god damn road and stop turning in front of us!
yeah, cant they seethose guysbeing completely obnoxious and stunting right here in the middle of the road. why who do they think they are, driving on a public highway.

While I do feel very bad for the guy that had the accident, I dont think doing a wheelie down 10th street is exactlyridingsafe andbeing aware of your surroundings.For all you know, that person driving the car mayhave been completely aware of the road, no cell phone, newpaper, or burger stuffed in his/her mouth, and looked right thru the bike.A bike standing up coming at you at 80mph aint exactly easy to see, and no body is on the lookoutfor it. It is what, about 18"wide?the underside of the bike is dark brown, black, grey, same as the concrete, and the freaking headlight is pointed straightup at the sky, andyour blaming the person driving the car. The dumbass on the bike did it to himself.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:06 PM

I have to agree with krash. He should not have been doing that. I agree that most people aren't looking, but that's why you ride defensively and assume that no one sees you.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:07 AM

I saw a guy last week who severed his leg above the ankle in a motorcycle wreck.