2007-CBR1000RR!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007-CBR1000RR!

+1 on the swing arm here too!!

ORIGINAL: mandosgreat

Build quality..this is what Honda FANATICS always resort to.

Ummm......yeah. Only makes sense, when the bikes are soo closely matched Quality becomes a HUGE deciding factor.

I get hammered all day long by buddies and the local Suzuki dealer about the RR vs. Gixxer thing....only one problem, It comes down to the rider. I ride w/ gixxer's all day....If I take my big ***** pill, I can kick the snot out of them all day, but if I took my laid-back pill I get my butt whooped.... That proved to me once and for all it definately boils down to the rider.

Old 09-24-2006, 09:12 PM

This debate will never end. Someone is always going to say this bike is better than that bike blah blah blah. The fact of the matter is that probably 99% of this board, including myself, don't have the experience or skill to go out and really push these bikes to see the difference. When you read in these magazines about how the suzuki is the best bike and turns the best track time, take time to actually read the lap times. It may be three tenths or whatever. If the sales people at Suzuki here would have attempted to work with me I would be on an 06 gsxr 1000 right now. I had a 750, it's time was done and the bike started having problems so I sold it and wanted to stay with suzuki. I had good luck with my 750 so why not try the 1k. Well, I ended up getting the best buy poster child cbr1000rr (blue/yellow). All of them are so close in handling and straight line speed that it doesn't really matter. Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki have all came a long way in their build quality. I'm glad I purchased the cbr because really when I think back on it, it has all the qualities that I wanted in a new bike. It looks ****ing bad ***, it makes really good low end power, it's remotely comfortable, and it has a fully adjustable suspension. I said the last because I like VFR's too. If I get into pharm. school I'll have one of those too. I did A LOT of looking before I made my purchase. My bike was paid for the day I bought it.

Oh, a lot of honda's decline in sales is the fact that if you finance you have to carry full coverage. I'm 24 and have one improper turn citation on my record and am not married and live in an apartment. Full coverage through progressive for me on my 06 1krr is 6800/yr.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the swingarm.

I Think the '06 2 tone silver/gray looks better than plain silver.

ORIGINAL: RICHS65

Who is the points leader in MotoGp Racing this year? Isn't the 06 1000RR based off of that bike? Honda just takes what they need to make the bike ridable for everyone. Think about it, Honda Motor Corporation has more money than all the other bike manufactures combined. If they wanted to be the fastest, baddest bike manufacturer out there they easily have the means and technology to do it. Honda's goal is to be the most rideable, quality driven, safe motorcycle out there. Just my 2 cents.
Very well put RICHS

What else can be expected from a company that produces everything from weed wackers to jet engines and almost everything in between.

RIDE RED!!

Old 09-25-2006, 10:14 AM

God you cant go off moto gp standings, Rossi would probly win on a ct110 if it didnt break down!!! Lets look at the facts. in the 9 races both rossi and hayden has finished rossi has beaten hayden 8 times!! And i dont think our street bikes are the same as moto gp!.. We all know our hondas are great bikes, but you also have to know there are other good bikes out there too

Old 09-25-2006, 11:48 AM

+1
CBR for daily warrior
Gixer for track duties
Kawa KX125 Dirt & Mud
Supra for Drifting

All to their own.... What ever makes you happy!!!!

Old 09-25-2006, 12:12 PM

Well no matter what u think bout the gixer or rr everyone knows ours looks a hell of a lot better than that fat cyclops of a beast. Everytime i am on my bike n pull up to another bike whether it b a yami or a gixer the other rider is kissin my ars bout how good the bike looks and all i did was pull off the stickers. As far as speed, it really aint gonna make to much of a diff anyways cause i know i sure as hell aint doin 165+ on city streets (ive tried n just run out of road b4 gettin there)...now 150 is a diff story lol

Old 09-25-2006, 03:36 PM

ORIGINAL: MeyekulBayrd

Oh, a lot of honda's decline in sales is the fact that if you finance you have to carry full coverage. I'm 24 and have one improper turn citation on my record and am not married and live in an apartment. Full coverage through progressive for me on my 06 1krr is 6800/yr.
Are you kidding? I can't see how $6,800/yr is justified for any insurance company for one citation etc.. When you turn 25, that should come down. But in the mean time, have you tried State Farm? I pay less than $500 a year through them for full coverage. I am an actuary and priced car insurance for 2+ years, it just bothers me to see people get taken advantage of by these insurance companies.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:26 PM

First post, glad to be on the boards.

I just bought my 061krr a week ago. I had the opportunity to test drive all of the 06 liter bikes. For me, it came down to comfort an looks. Outside of frequent track days, I ride my bike mostly on the street. They are so close to eachother now, that you have to go with what feels right and looks good.

As for me, i picked a Honda. I have had Kawi's and Suzukis in the past, and I went with the Honda. Not because of power, or because of magazine articles. Because I liked the looks and it fit. Not going to buy a bike because some editor went .10's seconds faster on another bike or because one makes more horse power than another.

We are all united in our passion for bikes. As long as you purchased what is right for you, then I am glad for you. Two wheels is still better than four, no matter what brand you buy...

Old 09-28-2006, 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Subpar

First post, glad to be on the boards.

I just bought my 061krr a week ago. I had the opportunity to test drive all of the 06 liter bikes. For me, it came down to comfort an looks. Outside of frequent track days, I ride my bike mostly on the street. They are so close to eachother now, that you have to go with what feels right and looks good.

As for me, i picked a Honda. I have had Kawi's and Suzukis in the past, and I went with the Honda. Not because of power, or because of magazine articles. Because I liked the looks and it fit. Not going to buy a bike because some editor went .10's seconds faster on another bike or because one makes more horse power than another.

We are all united in our passion for bikes. As long as you purchased what is right for you, then I am glad for you. Two wheels is still better than four, no matter what brand you buy...

+1

Old 10-03-2006, 03:50 PM

I am a die hard zook and honda fan but I just traded in my 05 sv1000s for my new cbr 1k 06....zooks bolts seem cheap...they always broke on me....over tightening, unscrewing etc. just what I notice......oh yea and my gear shifter lever fell of going 40 and was dragging the ground...lol