2007-CBR1000RR!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007-CBR1000RR!

I am looking to buy so now I can fokus on getting a good price on a 06. Relief and dissapointment at the same time!![:'(]

Old 09-15-2006, 09:42 PM

So far it seems every 2 yrs thay make changes. 04/05 & 06/07... I think I may wait for the 08 myself...

Old 09-16-2006, 06:56 AM

Bout time they did the swingarm black...Its the first thing i did to mine when i got it.

Old 09-17-2006, 05:13 PM

recker what did that cost to do your swing arm?

Old 09-18-2006, 10:00 AM

Well i also did engine covers as well as swingarm...As it looks starange if you dont do it....Was $400 AUD to get it all done including labour of taking everything off, painting and putting back together..

Old 09-22-2006, 04:35 AM

Now just compare that poor 07 RR to the new 07 GSXR 1000 that's coming out..now with traction control, and you can choose between 3 pre-programmed maps from the push of a button off of the handle bar. Not to mention the digital gear indicator, slipper clutch, adjustable rear-sets, lighter weight, better suspension, more power, integrated front and rear signals, more trunk space, gel seat, better ergos, flash to pass button (real useful in California where lane-splitting is legal)....

yeah..Honda is really on their "A" game.. [:'(]

Old 09-22-2006, 04:58 AM

Oh and a better low fuel read out, the RR simply has a little yellow light that turns on.

I've been told the gsxr 1k gives you the remaining miles on reserve (ie, 30 miles remaining, 25, etc...)..though anything is better than that little yellow light, even the F4i had a better read out, with 5 vertical bars that decreased as your reserve lessened.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:15 AM

yea wit gixxer your gonna get a few extra gizmos.... But if you look at quailty of welds and quality of workmanship! You will see how suzuki can afford to give extra gizmos. Ride quality down... Frames that end up cracking... Engines that end up blowing due to just doing a wheelie alittle too high..ETC... Sorry rather stick to honda at least I know it aint gonna fall apart in a few months... How many people don't even keep original equipment(gizmos) and upgrade to aftermarket stuff anyway! Thats how you custom your bike so it is different to the other hundreds of off the line productions??? Honda spend most of the money on build quaility not cut short on quaility for extras....

Old 09-22-2006, 05:26 AM

Build quality..this is what Honda FANATICS always resort to.

But have you seen the new gixxers?

Suzuki is no longer the Suzuki of 00-03...their new bikes are quality bikes, perhaps not Honda like quality..but they are not cheaply made bikes...to say so would be to ignore the facts.

As for engines blowing up from a wheelie??? Are you f'n serious...c'mon now... I love Hondas...but I can remain objective, perhaps you should try the same.

And the frame issues... I have yet to hear of ONE account ... if they did happen, I'm sure they are quite rare.

Lastly, you mention the gizmo's you'll add. Well...do you get them for free at your local bike shop? Because Suzuki's price is still lower than Hondas... WITH all the gizmos...

It'll run you over 1 thousand dollars to get those nice gizmo's ... all on a quality bike that is quite honestly the best sportbike out right now...in more ways than one.

When Honda can provide what Suzuki does, then they'll be the top dogs again. And I don't mean power and weight savings...at this point...all the liter bikes are producing plenty of power ... meanwhile Honda is losing ground and fast...sad indeed.

And for reference, I've owned 5 Honda Bikes and 6 Honda cars... I'm a honda fan...but in the liter bike class, I can say the GSXR is the king.

All are good bikes though, and I like my RR very much... just not as much as the GSXR

Old 09-22-2006, 06:10 AM

just look at the gixxer k6 compared to there own 750' k6.. The quality of the 750 is much better than the thou! I have 2 known friends that i have ridden with and one of them done there motor in 750 k4. Other one has cracked the frame, where the head is 3 times now. I am not bagging suzuki? as I understand that every make has there lemons and it just happens that the peps i know, had bad luck(or maybe they just ride hard). But the fact still remains that the quality of honda 06' rr are superior to suzuki k6. I researched for a good 3 months. and nearly traded my 05' rr for the k6 thou! but the more I looked at the k6, the more i found quailty imperfections as compared to the 06' rr. I know that if i had of got the k6, I would of had alittle more power with the mods that i have done. But I would of hated the way it rides on the street, quaility of welds, that ugly exhaust, viabrations just to name a few! I ride on the street most of the time and honeslty the few extra hp on top, would not justify me giving up the way the honda rides. Now if I wanted just a track bike where power and weight was the main abjective, then I probably would of got the k6.? Everyone has there own need for the bike. thats why we have so many options available to us. You say when Honda are top dogs again? Who is to say they are or are not? With one make you get this with the other you get that. That is where customising comes in. You get the best bike to your needs then you inprove to the way you want! Honda nor Suzuki will never make a bike that will make Everyone happy.. You are one of those peps who will bitch regardless! You want everything but don't want to pay!!! Suzuki give extra gizmos cause they cut time and money into little things like welds( go look carefully at the welds on a k6 compared to 06'! I know what you gonna say? Look at k7 look at what you get for $**** and look at what you get for 07'rr $****. You cannot compare k7 nor 07! You aint even seen it in real life yet! You wanna compare look at whats avail now! 2006!

Quick Reply: 2007-CBR1000RR!