2007-CBR1000RR!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006 | 11:16 AM
Default RE: 2007-CBR1000RR!

damn. i have to spend money to get my swingarm powdercoated when i could have waited and just..grr. o well

Old 09-22-2006 | 03:21 PM

Dr Drft

I haven't seen the 07's and my opinion is based on my knowledge of older suzuki's and riding my buddies K51k.

I did look over the bike, and have heard from Suzuki owners who admitted Suzuki's were cheaply made in the past, yet are much much improved now.

As I said, it's not cheap. And as for quality and durability...perhaps you may not know, but alot of people race Suzuki's, both amateur, pro, etc...Suzuki wins alot of races for people, and is an excellent track bike.

My friend just crashed his 1k, and the bike held up just fine. It's a solid bike, just like the Honda. Now I understand people's choice are all up to their individual opinion, so if you want less bike for more money, that's fine...they are BOTH good bikes man.

I'm just saying the whole QUALITY, FIT and FINISH argument fanatics always make is fading...

Suzuki's are quality bikes, great bikes, all the magz tout it as great, and if you look at the number of forum members on Suzuki sites, they far out number Honda and other bike manufacturers (except for Yamaha)...their sales are through the roof.

True, alot of them are squids, and give suzuki riders a bad name...but I'm sure there are mature individuals and squidly individuals for all makes and models.

All in all, I just hope Honda comes out with something good for 08... there better be a gear indicator, slipper clutch, flash to pass, adjustable rear sets, and a better fuel gauge read out. Few people use their bikes for road racing or even many track days...alot of us use em for practical purposes like commuting, so I want all the gizmos, and I know I'm not alone..Honda sales are dropping, and ads for their bikes stay on the forum and other outlets longer than they may have in the past.

no hard feelings

Old 09-22-2006 | 03:31 PM

U know, i dont watch much racing but it just seams like everytime i turn it on the speep chanel lately its either a honda or yamaha goin for the win...gsxr nowhere to b seen. N most of the time its a couple of hondas dukin it out. Anybody else c anythin to the contrary? Im sure gsxr's have won but i havent seen any lately.

Old 09-22-2006 | 04:37 PM

Who is the points leader in MotoGp Racing this year? Isn't the 06 1000RR based off of that bike? Honda just takes what they need to make the bike ridable for everyone. Think about it, Honda Motor Corporation has more money than all the other bike manufactures combined. If they wanted to be the fastest, baddest bike manufacturer out there they easily have the means and technology to do it. Honda's goal is to be the most rideable, quality driven, safe motorcycle out there. Just my 2 cents.

Rich I.
CEO Honda MotorCorp.

ONLY KIDDING

Old 09-22-2006 | 08:53 PM

i love my honda but you cant really go to motogp for comparisons
those bikes are no where near comparable

look towards AMA s top lineup

mostly gsxr1000 riders

i could have bought any bike that i wanted and i held out for my 1KRR so i am not suzuki biased but they do make a great bike

the reason i went with the honda is because it is my first litre bike and all the reports I read said that it was the most stable bike out there

i dont need something twitching like crazy underneath me

Old 09-22-2006 | 08:56 PM

I was told by my buddy who is the manager at the local honda shop that the next big change is 2008...

Old 09-22-2006 | 09:19 PM

Well I can not wait for that one! I will get an 05 or 06 just waiting for my Austalian visa to come through.

Old 09-23-2006 | 08:52 AM

Mandosgreat
Like i said if I had wanted a track bike I probably would of bought the K6? But as a street rider most of the time I opted for hondas Build and stability and I hated zukis ugly exhaust! I aint brand loyal as you will see with my mods. I get what works. Suzuki are getting better but honda never wanted to build the most powerful road bike, as they try to build something that would attract a wider range of buyers. people who have alot of riding experience and people who don't. I am pretty sure if Honda wanted to they could of made the compression higher and made more power but they didnt. In Australia we got flash to pass, and afew other goodies that US didn't. But we paid more for our bikes compared to US! End of the day you cannot make everyone happy that is why you have to customize your bike to your needs. I love my 06' but wanted more power(even though I probably don't even use anywhere near it full potentual). So I did what I had to do and now its got more than gixers, yammys and even kawas...

And Baxsom is right you cannot compare motogp to our bikes...
Gixxers are really fast and light and are really good for the track, but l wanted a street warrior, not a trailer queen that I only use at the track...\

All to there own... I love my honda 06'.....

Old 09-24-2006 | 12:56 AM

2 of my co-workers bought '06 gixxers and tried to talk me into the same. I went with an '06 1000rr and I don't regret it at all. I borrowed one of my coworkers gsxr1000 for the weekend and it handled great and had all of the power I could ever want, but I found it to be very uncomfortable. I am more comfortable and I like the looks of the CBR much better than the other bikes.

After parking my bike next to theirs, I can say that Honda has a better looking weld and a better sounding stock exhaust, but I still admit that the GSXR is a better track bike under most conditions. My coworkers agree that the Honda is a better street bike. But since none of us have spend much time on the track... fact is, all of the open class bikes are good and it is the rider that will make all of the difference. I respect all of these bikes, no matter the make, but I absolutely love my CBR!

Old 09-24-2006 | 05:37 AM

+ 1 nice!!!

Get a Honda..want more power for track use?? Mod it..Voila!! You got the best of 2 worlds...

Have you guys ever wonder why only Honda have a factory race company ; HRC?? Not Yamaha..not Kawa..not Suzuki..

Honda can easily produce the meanest production bike..but nope it doesn't want to. Its a marketing strategy I think..Sales from the production line and sales from the HRC wing..

Imagine CBR 1000 RRs mass produced with all the gizmos and race parts that HRC can produce..Do you think Suzuki K5 K6 K7 all the way to K10 even can have a whiff of the CBR 1000 RR exhaust fumes?? NO WAY!!!

Quick Reply: 2007-CBR1000RR!