04 cbr problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new battery and a set of plugs did it. the old ones were def fouled

Old 01-23-2010, 02:08 AM

Nice!! Kinda wish I didn't sell mine... Have fun with yours!!

Old 01-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

4 stroke fouled plugs? Sounds like insufficient combustion over a long period. Battery could have been weak but I'd check the stator and R/R to make sure the charging system is doing all it can. My '04 definitely hit better with the high performance stator / R/R combo ... Honda stock electrical system is suck

Still, I've yet to see a fuel fouled 4 stroke plug -- oil, ya (which is usually a ring problem) but fuel, nah ...

Old 01-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by chainstretcher
4 stroke fouled plugs? Sounds like insufficient combustion over a long period. Battery could have been weak but I'd check the stator and R/R to make sure the charging system is doing all it can. My '04 definitely hit better with the high performance stator / R/R combo ... Honda stock electrical system is suck

Still, I've yet to see a fuel fouled 4 stroke plug -- oil, ya (which is usually a ring problem) but fuel, nah ...
The stock electrical system does suck, guess thats why they had a recall on the stators on 04-05 models. southern should get his vin and call hondas customer service to see if his unit has been worked on. NEW PLUGS AND BATTERY= GREAT!, GETTING THE STEALERSHIP TO WORK ON YOUR BIKE AT NO COST TO YOU= BETTER

Old 01-26-2010, 08:18 PM

wow .. gotta say reading some posts here makes me realize why i stopped working on bikes and shut my shop down except to private customers... lol

first ... NEVER USE STARTER FLUID in a bike... its a great wayto dry fire and burn out injectors really fast ... (can you say 100-200 EACH to replcae)

second .... NEVER pour gas down intake runners or any part of tehse fuel injected bikes... all you are doing is drowning out the injector/combustion chamber and its a great way to screw ur engine up and fry out valve seals/injectors

third...if you were jumping the bike off of a running car.. then id bet you fried your ECU...
you CAN jump a bike.. as long as the car is OFF no key in ignition .. NOTHING..the way the charging systems work you will toast your ECU fast... (sounds like thats what you did ..since its running on '2 cylinders'

fourth... starting a bike... running it at idle and shutting it off is a great way NOT to charge the battery ..the bikes system is designed to work OVER 3500-4000 RPM for output charge.. (im sure some smart guys on here will disagree... but i think since i own 7 cbr1000rr's and have worked on about 200 since 04...i may know a thing or 2)..

cant tell you how many bikes come to me.. guys say .. iw as letting it run .. to charge it (like they were taught to do with a car) and whala... battery is dead... well replace battery and funny thing.bike works great again ... lol

fifth.... actually the bike when you turn it on PRIMES the injectors.. does not release fuel .. it presurizes the system .. when the ECU fires... and a few other sensors tell the bike the crank is running the intake stroke.. it micro pulses the injector and releases the gas.. then spark... hence creating combustion/explosion in the cylinder..

to fix your bike... FIRST get a battery .. FULLY CHARGED... hook it up ... try turning the bike over...

if it does same thing ... and wont run ... u need an ECU..find someone that has a spare they can lend you ... hook it up ... with a GOOD battery .. id bet it will turn over... and be fine...

thats my 2cents for the night ...

Old 01-26-2010, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by cpimp1264
The stock electrical system does suck, guess thats why they had a recall on the stators on 04-05 models.
lol.. spoken like a true novice...
stock electrical system is FINE .. good enough to run AMA and top races...

there was a LIMITED recall on stators.. out of prob 300.000 cbr1000rrs.. they recalled about 10-15000... pretty good odds id say ...

lol