CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Why do you ride a Hurricane?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

david,
i ride mine for fun!
yes i got it for a good price,
but i do have as good a time working on it!
(or should that be tinkering)
but its a great bike!
enjoy WHAT YOU HAVE .trust me,
and if you stick around here it will become an addition!!!

Old 08-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got mine for free. Out way to much money into it been ridding it to work 100 miles a day and can't get over how nice it rids from 25 to 125.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:25 PM

I read the outstanding reviews for years, starting a couple of months after I bought my brand new '86 Nighthawk S (that was a great bike) and I lusted after a Hurricane/CBR1KF until '96, when I bought my '94 brand new as a last-year's model.
I love the damned thing. Every time I climb aboard and head down the driveway, I smile. That's what a bike should do for you.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before I bought my "Pink Lady" in 1996 I owned an early Yamaha XJ900. This was my only form of transport and after putting over 60,000 miles on it in 13 months it started to have problems.

The starter motor seal was going so I went to the local bike shop and there she was, all shinny and looking oh so beautiful.

I drooled and drooled over here for several hours before even remembering why I was at the shop.

The owner knew me because I was down there quite regularly and asked if I wanted to go for a test ride. I did which was the best and worst thing I could do.

The best because she was such a beautiful creature and treated me so well!! The worst because I wanted her but really couldn't afford her.

With a part ex deal I was able to afford her so went ahead and bought her. The wife was oh so unhappy, especially when I would sit outside in the summer, beer in hand and just look at the bike.

Since owning her I have locked her back wheel up more than once being too boisterous going in to turns, I have ridden her up several hedges because of the road surface being slippery. I have stood her on her nose because they stopped in front and if I had not we would be toast...and yet she still loves me and still gives me the same thrill as the test ride.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:17 PM

It was the first bike myself and the missus bought for ourselves to go out on 2-up - before that we'd toured around Cornwall on a '91 CBR600FM and felt we needed something a bit bigger so sold the 600 privately and bought a '95 CBR1000F from a dealer, we also test rode a gsx1100f powerscreen while we were there, but prefered the honda.

That was 5 years ago and after having other bikes over the years due to my wife having health problems and not being able to go on the back she is getting better now so we've just been and bought another CBR1000F!

Old 01-23-2014, 02:53 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Yay! Nice story, both about your wife and your new ride. We look forward to hearing what shape she's in and some details/pictures in due course.

Take care.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by HenryM
Yay! Nice story, both about your wife and your new ride. We look forward to hearing what shape she's in and some details/pictures in due course.

Take care.
Cheers Henry,

She was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis around 4 yrs ago but since then she has been steadily improving and hopefully this year she'll be able to get back out again on the back of the CBR - it's been a long time since she's been pillion so will have to ease back into it - just short trips to start with.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:13 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Honda Nut
Why do you ride a Hurricane?
Because Honda screwed up when they printed the owner's manuals and labeled them as "Hurricane" instead of "Fireblade".

Name:  cbr-manual.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  107.7 KB

Old 02-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
Because Honda screwed up when they printed the owner's manuals and labeled them as "Hurricane" instead of "Fireblade".

They didn't 'screw up' - they merely wanted to give you more modern bike riders a thrill by showing direct link to the Grand Daddy of them all!

Cheers, SB

Old 02-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by cbr_lover
It was the first bike myself and the missus bought for ourselves to go out on 2-up - before that we'd toured around Cornwall on a '91 CBR600FM and felt we needed something a bit bigger so sold the 600 privately and bought a '95 CBR1000F from a dealer, we also test rode a gsx1100f powerscreen while we were there, but prefered the honda.

That was 5 years ago and after having other bikes over the years due to my wife having health problems and not being able to go on the back she is getting better now so we've just been and bought another CBR1000F!

Keep us posted on progress - on both fronts! Mrs SB, although a great rider herself, still likes the odd pillion ride.

I wish you and your Wife the best - and good luck.

Cheers, SB

Quick Reply: Why do you ride a Hurricane?