CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Why do you ride a Hurricane?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought my CBR, I chose it because of the way it looks, it was extremely clean and well cared for. The seller insisted that I take her for a spin....Made the purchase when I returned. I have had Honda's previously and always admired how smooth they ran, this one is real smooth once she is all warmed up. I love the way it pulls and the how it just loves the twisty's. Ok I am fresh off a KLR so this bike really is a completely different animal.
Looking forward to putting many mile on her, and from what I seen from some post's in the forum guys are driving these bikes for many miles!

Old 09-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by GPZlindy63
I just bought my CBR, I chose it because of the way it looks, it was extremely clean and well cared for. The seller insisted that I take her for a spin....Made the purchase when I returned. I have had Honda's previously and always admired how smooth they ran, this one is real smooth once she is all warmed up. I love the way it pulls and the how it just loves the twisty's. Ok I am fresh off a KLR so this bike really is a completely different animal.
Looking forward to putting many mile on her, and from what I seen from some post's in the forum guys are driving these bikes for many miles!

Well, welcome to the forum, and don't be afraid to ask any question of join in any conversation.

The knowledge on CBR1000Fs contained within the collective heads of the forum members is astounding - just don't ask to see pictures of their heads

As for longevity, we've just had a UK member join who has clocked an incredible 180,000 MILES with no major work to the bike.

And as an aside, if you haven't voted in this month's ROTM - you just gotta vote the venerable old CBR1000F into first place. See link below.

Cheers, SB

Old 09-29-2012, 12:59 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome to the forum , and Seb , just shameless

Old 09-29-2012, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ozzyAL

Shameless!! Me!!!?

Oh no, definitely not me

(Still a couple of days to vote folks - see link below )

Cheers, SB

Old 09-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Senior Member and Montana roustabout :)

Originally Posted by ozzyAL
SB could go into politics
Sebastionbear..... mayor of CBRVille

Old 11-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Default my 91 cbr1000f

I bought my 91 cbr1000f because i had just sold my 03 shadow spirit to my younger brother and was in the market for a sportbike. Im a big guy 6' 250lbs so a small bike was out of the question. A buddy of mine showed up in my driveway one morning with my bike on his truck. He said he had just bought it and it wasnt what he wanted (he now rides a Harley sportster) and he wanted 2200.00. So after a test ride I began bickering with him on the price and eventually bought it for 1800.00 cash. I learned real quick that these bikes are not the fastest on the block but as comfy as a caddy. I even considered selling due to the fact that all my buddies ride wicked fast 600cc gsxr or zxr bikes and I just couldnt keep up on takeoff. Luckily I met a mechanic through friends that builds low budget racers for cheap. We have done some small things so far and i gotta say the old bike is startin to wake up! so far we've put larger jets in the carbs, lowered the front 2" for harder launches, changed the old exhaust to a barely used v&h ss2r, and got a 45t rear and a 16t front sprocket. I havent been able to change the sprockets yet bc my chain is too short but tommorrow i plan on 2 links and 2 masterlinks so i can change them out. I did run a guy with a zx6r from a roll and was surprised that HE wasn't able to keep up with ME for a change. Now i'm so glad i kept this bike, it may be old but it still got the goods to run with the new bikes and I think it's way more comfy.

[ATTACH][ATTACH]Why do you ride a Hurricane?-picture1101121719_3.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

I also removed some (a lot) of unnecessary steel brackets, center stand, tag
box, bulky tail lights, and added a cool carbon fiber vinyl to change it up a little.

So is it lookin good so far or what?

Attached Thumbnails Why do you ride a Hurricane?-picture1101121719_1.jpg   Why do you ride a Hurricane?-2.jpg  
Old 11-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Default +

i was drawn to the 94 color scheme that look like the Penske Marlboro Cart Racing colors. i also liked the riding position, not like a total lay down Sport Bike. its fairly comfortable on long cruises and is pretty fast. comfort n speed is my need and this bike fits. the only issue was i had to replace the slow jets after sitting with bad gas and i cleaned the originals and idled like s...it. i must have opened em up a little by error. it also takes a little to get er started after storage, but she still looks brand new!
i love Hondas

Last edited by mjp94cbr100f; 11-02-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Welcome Crew

just sold a 750 srad and was looking for a cheap bike on ebay, a cbr 600f, as i had an older beneton 600fl a few years ago and enjoyed every minute on her, and just searched cbr, i spotted the hurricane and liked the look of her, when i rode her the 45 miles home i realised what a good choice it was, she`s comfy,quick and will scratch as well, to well for a skinny tyred steel framed comfy bike, but it does and really well , and i cant wait to get her rebuilt

Old 03-13-2013, 03:12 PM

It's the biggest bang for the buck I could afford.

By which I mean, 90s Honda reliability (touch wood), load capability, and fast-enough to be fun.

Hopefully I get onto the Continent with it in 2014, but I'm looking forward to spring/summer already.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:46 PM

The story of why I ride a Hurricane is not quite as colorful as some others here.
Quite simply I can't afford a Blackbird so this is where I ended up. Can't say I am all that disappointed, but I still want a bird one day...

Quick Reply: Why do you ride a Hurricane?