CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   What have you done to your CBR 1000f today? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/what-have-you-done-your-cbr-1000f-today-95456/)

kilgoretrout 07-06-2009 12:58 PM

Ha ha...

Naaahh... nothing is too much for the old girl!!!
You could always get a trailer and a hitch for her..... :D:D

CBRclassic 07-06-2009 05:34 PM

Yer , I spose it would be unique ....
.... but then again my plumbing clients may be still a touch put off by the biker look too..:icon_bike:

Think om just stuck using me old Mitsubishi van man :icon_shrug:

Sun is shinning here today and it off to work again in a little while ...:icon_doh:

Sprock 07-07-2009 11:09 AM

Good thing I don't live down under .....I do all my own plumbing work
with Zurn Pex ................

S'pose that putz me on you chit list Steve ??

:icon_couchhide:

Sprock 07-07-2009 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout (Post 805688)
Ha ha.... :D

I took mine on a few rides today... filled her up with gas... and drilled some holes in the endcaps of the stock pipes. Sounds better, but I think I'm gonna make the holes even bigger tomorrow.

Sir Trout , here's mine with the plugs in for Highway Cruisin'

take 'em out around town for duelling with the cruisers ! :icon_pirate:
Love letting them on ahead of for say 15 yards then pull 'long side
give 'me a wink an' watch disappear in my mirrors..............
Does their heads in everytime. LOL

cbr1000f94 07-08-2009 02:46 PM

I had to replace the battery on my 94' CBR1000F. The night before she left me stranded about 2 miles from home at 11:30 p.m.... I should have known better. But, I was too anxious to take the bike for a ride. I just got it registered and tagged Monday. She starts right up now however, as I rode around the block I noticed the engine sort of surging. I wonder if it simply needs a good carb cleaning and sync. I also would like to put in a Jet kit for the the stock exhaust. What do you guys think?

kilgoretrout 07-08-2009 03:38 PM

Sprock, nice setup you got there. Maybe I'll snap a pic of mine, too...

You did better than me. My battery was pretty much shot when I got mine, too. Except I let it strand me twice... Once at my buddies house and once at a restaurant. I was able to jump it, though, and rev it home..

A good carb cleaning and sync would be a great idea. You never know if that's ever even been done before. The gas may be old, too?

As far as jetting, I guess it all depends. I wouldn't think there would be anything wrong with the stock jetting... especially at a normal altitude with stock pipes.. I'm not an expert with such things, though, either...

Sprock 07-08-2009 04:10 PM

Yep I had to get an acid box last year when I got mine for very same reasons as you Guys.

Keep mine topped up with a Tecmate Optimate 3 ......real good charger now they
have the Model 4 out and it's just as good. (Desulfator feature is the nuts)

Unless your going to a single pipe / single can, I don't think jetting will do that much
for ya. IMHO.

cbr1000f94 07-08-2009 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sprockaholic (Post 807112)
Yep I had to get an acid box last year when I got mine for very same reasons as you Guys.

Keep mine topped up with a Techmate Optimiser 3 ......real good charger now they
have the Model 4 out and it's just as good. (Desulfator feature is the nuts)

Unless your going to a single pipe / single can, I don't think jetting will do that much
for ya. IMHO.

Thanks guys! Much appreciated advice. And yeah... I doubt the poor thing has ever had a carb. cleaning or sync in its life time. I'm looking forward to putting newer, higher octane fuel in the tank as well. Perhaps that will solve some of the issues with the surging feeling from the engine.

Shadow 07-09-2009 12:28 AM

As far as jetting, I guess it all depends. I wouldn't think there would be anything wrong with the stock jetting... especially at a normal altitude with stock pipes.. I'm not an expert with such things, though, either...

Standard jets are slightly big any way so don't waste your money with a jet kit
Higher octane - ditto- makes no difference
Just clean the carbs and sync them.:icon_teeth:
Fit a decent airfilter and make sure all the inlet and airbox boots are correctly fitted. It will surge if there are any leaks..........

Brent099 07-09-2009 03:51 PM

chain oiler

Just installed a homemade automatic chain oiler and took it for a quick test ride. So far so good :)