CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   What have you done to your CBR 1000f today? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/what-have-you-done-your-cbr-1000f-today-95456/)

paulajayne 06-20-2009 03:44 PM

Adjusted the balancer - much quieter - got to do the cam chain next.

Paula

kilgoretrout 06-20-2009 05:17 PM

Welcome Paula!

I put gas in mine today. :D

Been running it hard the last few. Loving these new tires.

Black Rider 06-20-2009 06:15 PM

Checked the Tyre pressures, pulled the left-hand fairing lower off, and replaced the hydraulic clutch fluid & bled the system.... hope to put 200 miles on tomorrow 2-up through North Yorkshire & out to the coast..:)

Sprock 06-20-2009 06:32 PM

took a spin

down by the water and stopped to shoot the chit with
some brotha riders.

When I got back checked coolant wiped down the rims
again, lubed up my new chain again, trying to break it
in with plenty of lube, don't want it heating up too much.

Sucked down a few cold ones, kicked the feet up and
checked in with y'all.

bigape 06-20-2009 08:45 PM

Hey All!

I haven't posted in months, but I thought I would join in on this one. Since getting all of my mechanic gremlins ironed out back in Sept, I have put 4000 miles on her. I have recently fitted a new Dunlop to the rear.

So what have I done to her recently? Just checked the tire pressure front and rear, lubed the chain, adjusted the chain and rode her to work a couple of times this week.

However, I am thinking about pulling the carbs again and going down a size or two on the mains. She seems to be running a little rich now that the temp is back about 90 here in North Carolina.

Shadow 06-21-2009 01:59 AM

Good to see you again Bigape !
It's been a while !

CBRclassic 06-21-2009 03:35 AM

All the basics this morning , ok I did not check tire pressures :icon_shrug:... then we went for a 4hr cruise on wet roads:eek: ... no rain to speak of , but a touch slippery ...
Kerri thumped me a few times for getting over enthusiastic..:icon_fryingpan:

The weather here is still not too bad , for winter that is ...:icon_special: lol

Not cold at all really .... just nice for wearing the winter gear ...:)
Had to wash the old girl when we got back though ... bloody road grime:icon_doh:

Nova Scotia Mike 06-21-2009 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic (Post 797945)
and did it help or not is the question ? :icon_wink:

Helped perfectly ... I used my thumb instead of my vernier calipers to guestimate where the tire should be so it's probably not absolutely perfect, but it looks 100% better. Now I just need to figure out how to straighent my clip on's :icon_wink:.

thx!

Honda Nut 06-21-2009 07:41 PM

Stripped her naked

Yep, I stripped her down to the bones. Wanted to see what she was all about and make sure she was what the previous owner said she was. She is all that and a bag of chips! Went to my local Honda dealer and they don't stock full synthetic motor oil. WTF? I have always used Mobile One for motorcycles so I left pissed and went to see what the local parts dealer carries. Finally decided on Wix oil filter and Royal Purple 10w-40. Bolted her up, washed and applied two coats of wax followed by a wipe down with Honda's spray wax. Baby shines like a new penny! :icon_wink:

CBRclassic 06-22-2009 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Nova Scotia Mike (Post 800461)
Helped perfectly ... I used my thumb instead of my vernier calipers to guestimate where the tire should be so it's probably not absolutely perfect, but it looks 100% better. Now I just need to figure out how to straighent my clip on's :icon_wink:.

thx!

A straight edge across the top , back of the triple clamps and a small protractor to measure the angle on the bars works good:)

Measuring off the tank can be a little hap-hazzard...:icon_wink: