CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 1000F "Hurricane" (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/)
-   -   What have you done to your CBR 1000f today? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-1000f-hurricane-38/what-have-you-done-your-cbr-1000f-today-95456/)

Griffin 07-04-2009 02:22 PM

I took my main stand off today 'cause it was banging against my V&H pipes and was getting rusty. Not sure if I'll repaint it, rig a stop so it doesn't rub and re-install or just leave it off.

wolfman 1000 07-04-2009 02:49 PM

Put my latest find on ebay on the cane. A Corbin gunfighter seat, then took it for a ride. Was having great fun and the seat is so much more comfortable,managed to get her flat out for the first time and the middle part of the fairing on the left came of at 160mph on the clock. What a bitch went back to pickit up and it was in about 10 bits. need a nother 1 now, bummer

cbr1000f94 07-04-2009 09:13 PM

I changed the oil for the first time on my newly purchased 94 CBR1000F. I also removed all of the body work and reinstalled all of the body work. Being that I haven't ridden or owned a Honda in years, I thought I should get some practice. ;)

kilgoretrout 07-04-2009 09:22 PM

Ha ha.... :D

I took mine on a few rides today... filled her up with gas... and drilled some holes in the endcaps of the stock pipes. Sounds better, but I think I'm gonna make the holes even bigger tomorrow.

Sprock 07-05-2009 07:13 PM

yep ..........did same +

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout (Post 805688)
Ha ha.... :D

I took mine on a few rides today... filled her up with gas... and drilled some holes in the endcaps of the stock pipes. Sounds better, but I think I'm gonna make the holes even bigger tomorrow.

yep Sir Trout, did mine a few weeks back

3 1/2 inch holes in each in a triangle shape.

Now that I'm running highway miles every day I decided to thread in
hex bolt plugs (5/8") for quieter highway runs.

Best of both worlds now...............adjustable baffles ! kinda !
:icon_munching:

kilgoretrout 07-05-2009 08:50 PM

That's not a bad idea, sprock..
I think I did about 1/2" holes, too.. but 4 of them.
Doesn't sound too bad, maybe I'm just not used to it yet. Still seems a little tinny or something. I'll try a little bigger hole, and if I hate it... I have a welder... :)

kilgoretrout 07-05-2009 11:23 PM

Just got back from a night run to work, and it sounds better than I thought it did before. Not sure why. I set the idle a little lower, and that made a big difference in the way it sounds at stops.

CBRclassic 07-06-2009 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout (Post 805965)
Just got back from a night run to work, and it sounds better than I thought it did before. Not sure why. I set the idle a little lower, and that made a big difference in the way it sounds at stops.

Well om jealous ...mine has sat for near the whole week !!!:icon_shrug: bloody work and stinkiin rain !!

BTW- there is a thread kicking around that we had going not so long ago , all about exhausts sounds and drilling them ....with sound snippets from me and a few others with modded exhausts on CBR1000F's ...:icon_wink:

kilgoretrout 07-06-2009 08:20 AM

You need to ride, steve!!
I've ridden every day but one for the last like 3 or 4 weeks. I ride to work about 16miles, then take the long way home every day (mileage varies.. :))

I remember that other thread... maybe I'll snap a vid, but my camera isn't the greatest...

CBRclassic 07-06-2009 08:49 AM

I've ridden every day but one for the last like 3 or 4 weeks. I ride to work about 16miles, then take the long way home every day (mileage varies..
Thanks Dylan ...rub it in mate ...

I would like to ride to work too , but the half a ton of tools and ladders may be a bit too much for the old girl ...:icon_shrug: