CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

^ Nice! Looks like you de-linked somewhere along the way also.
How do you like the bars? Been thinking about them for a while now.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:26 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also, how are those funny looking front discs performing?

Old 09-09-2017, 06:19 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It was a pretty windy day , I felt like I was hanging on a lot more then I'd like .
To be honest, it's been a while since I've ridden the bike and felt very strange .
I went for the twin lines to replace the original set up , seem to be what most recommend.
New discs and pads at the same time. Not sure I can give much of an opinion on those just yet .
To be honest I rode like a friggin sook .
I think the tyres I have at the moment are just old and gone a bit hard . I had absolutely no confidence in the bike at all .
I did 300kms on the R1100RT the following day and rode as good as ever .
I'll take the CBR out again when I get another day off ,
I was really hoping the shift to the motocross bar was going to be the holy grail for me .
I'll take a bit more care with a pre ride check before the next ride and report back .
I'm sure most of the weird feeling is tyres . They have plenty of tread left , but must be at least 5 years old . The CBR has been playing No 2 bike for a few years now .

Old 09-16-2017, 05:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hot season over time for maintenance in Las Vegas

Well the hottest summer is over here in Las Vegas, we normally don't ride too much here in summer except at night, I don't trust my vision much anymore at night. So as my
CBR1KF has been sitting in the workshop a while it is getting the following: Oh, by the way thanks to whoever it was that supplied the instructions for brake bleeding on the linked braking system, and also the guy who showed how to make the gatorade two handed brake bleeder bottle, all worked fine. Anyway, bled all the brakes front and rear and changed out the brake fluid, (was a bit low and turning color) and also bled and changed out fluid in the clutch master cylinder.
Next will be an oil change using Mobil 1 Full synthetic which seems to last forever and draining the coolant, flushing and filling with fresh anti-freeze. Pads were good at about 90% (sintered) and about a year old. I enjoy taking the old machine apart, giving it a good wipe down and keeping things in shape for the next riding season. After having restored several bikes over the years which were fairly simple to work on, I am certain that I am not the only CBR1KF owner who has
felt that this particular maching inspires a love hate relationship with its owner. Certainly one of the most reliable and smoothest running machines ever, its aerodynamic lines and motor sounds will never lose their reputation. Its a shame that
restoring any of these bikes is becoming almost impossible due to the lack of spare parts being produced. There has never been any bodywork produced by aftermarket companies other than windscreens, seat covers, and a few other brake and
wheel components.

Ride Safe...........Ride Long__________________________

Old 09-19-2017, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell me about those discs and what pads did you go with? Looks great!

Originally Posted by ozzyAL
I took the old girl out for a shake down ride after replacing the clip ons with a motocross style bar . New extended braided lines, new front disc and pads .
Replaced one off the coolant hoses also , so just wanted to give it a run to make sure everything was as should be .

Old 10-28-2017, 02:39 PM

postimg a pic from last weekend. Got caught in some rain so she's a little dirty.
Just did a blinker and fender delete mod to clean up the tail. My original rear fender is still in perfect shape and un-cut. I removed it and picked up a spare one that was already butchered and trimmed it to hold the rear plate. My rear blinkers are now wired to flash inside the tail light.
I think it has a cleaner and more modern appearance now.

​​​​​​​

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-20171021_174223.jpg  
Old 10-28-2017, 02:41 PM

Oh yeah, and I'm loving the dunlop q3's!
Definetly installs some confidence on the twisty's!

Old 10-28-2017, 02:43 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

You're right Silver, the rear end does look very tidy with your mod.

Old 12-03-2017, 12:12 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Rebuilding clutch slave cylinder, front and rear calipers, new brake pads, new rotor disc, change spark plugs, fuel filter, fork oil, all axle bearings and powder coating wheels white.
Will post after they are done and installed.

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-img_4862.jpg   What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-img_4863.jpg  
Old 12-03-2017, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good job matey , watch out for those rims when you put the tyres back on, chipped mine even with rim protectors

Quick Reply: What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?