CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Well, most definitely not a riding day here today - solid, unrelenting mizzle so Joy and I are putting the floor on the mezzanine in the shed. It will be the Garage Mahal when finished.

Put the CBR back together and moved it to the front verandah whilst all the floorboard moving/cutting/nailing going on in its sanctuary. Ho hum!

Cheers, SB

Old 07-29-2012, 03:35 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good work Bordo, it is hard to stop with the painting once you start, you think, gee that looks better so I may as well do this bit as well....and on it goes! In the end though there is a lot of self satisfaction in making something better yourself.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah Jarvid, I'm keen to get out today mate and re paint the centre stand......while I was stripping it yesterday I looked over and noticed some front forks that could do with the same treatment.......man that old silver paint takes some getting off. It was certainly put on there for the long haul......Cheers.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bugkiller
Well, started out removing and cleaning - sidestand switch, clutch switch, kill switch and all other switches just to rectify a starting issue.

While I was at it I also - checked all fluids, tightened chain, replaced front pads, lubed cables, washed her, tightened r/h mirror mount, cleaned and lubed chain, replaced a few worn/old bolts with shiny new ones.

Anyone changed a chain without a chain splitter? Next task is new chain and don't really want to buy a splitter for a one off.

Made excuse for tomorrows ride - "need t ride it to check it all works "

Cheers

Rick
Rick,
Use a Dremel or an angle grinder to grind the head off one of the joining links. I usually grind one off from the joining link but any are fine. Spray a bit of the wonderful WD40 on it and using a small punch hold the punch and link in one hand and tap it out. Doesnt take much as long as the head is properly ground off. I've seen guys just use a grinder and grind through the whole chain to cut it in half but I just grind the head off one rivet and do it that way. Cheers.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:22 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

just a quick trip to shepparton via the back roads . rugged up like a bloody snowman !! nice liitle 100kms to test the mods to top box mount , as good an excuse as any

Old 08-03-2012, 05:39 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

I went downstairs and reminded her that it's only four weeks till Spring. She needs to get herself in the right frame of mind to start again after a six month zzzzz.

Wish me luck.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ozzyAL
just a quick trip to shepparton via the back roads . rugged up like a bloody snowman !! nice liitle 100kms to test the mods to top box mount , as good an excuse as any

And barely a corner in the whole trip Al.....lol. I dont know how anyone that lives in Shepparton ownes a bike. Except for the Tocumwal bends there aint a bend for miles around....lol.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:24 AM

Ah Bordo , if ya head down towards Rushworth ( home ) via mooroopna , tatura theres some nice sweepers and bends , especially near Waranga basin mate . true , not exactly the black spur tho

Old 08-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Default Silencers

Well after a good ride out yesterday to Devils Bridge in the sunshine for a change and i managed to blow to big holes in my nexxus silencers, they where rotton behind the heatshield only the chrome keeping them together, so ive removed them and ordered a pair of Delkevic silencers will post a couple of pics when i have them fitted.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:02 AM

another short run , this time to Echuca to have a captain at the Murray

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-wp_000389.jpg  

Quick Reply: What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?